The Fed has Eliminated Reserve Requirements for All Depository Institutions

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gaussian, May 25, 2020.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Do whatever you can to get Trump and Pence out of Government as quickly as possible. As long as we have a con artist and Jackass leading us, we are all in Trouble -- no question about that.

#31     May 25, 2020
  2. Overnight

Overnight

We know about "Morganist". He's ET's official unofficial sponsor, posting about all the letters he has sent to heads of State about his theories. I believe he said it actually helped Brexit somehow. He has some mighty power there!

*shrugs* Have fun over there.

#32     May 25, 2020
    piezoe likes this.
  3. 931

Why not "federal inflation center" or "hidden tax reserve"
    Why is the word reserve used in federal reserve?
    Where are the reserves?

#33     May 25, 2020
    Tradex likes this.
  4. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

This is why it's so important to have other forms of currency like Bitcoin. Our money is becoming more and more worthless by the day.

#34     May 25, 2020
  5. Tradex

Tradex

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”
    Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    #35     May 25, 2020
    Clubber Lang and 931 like this.
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

lol. Bitcoin, sure bud :vomit:

#36     May 25, 2020
    Nobert, Clubber Lang and Tradex like this.
  7. Tradex

Tradex

Bitcoin and crypto money, the ultimate bullshit currency.

#37     May 25, 2020
    Nobert, Clubber Lang and RedDuke like this.
  8. Tradex

Tradex

There are no "reserves" and the FED is no more federal than FedEx (Federal Express).

#38     May 25, 2020
  9. Trader Curt

Trader Curt

Ok, have fun with your American dollar then

#39     May 25, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

*clucks*

Hang on there. If I recall correctly, a bitcoin was worth $6,000 USD 2 months ago? Now it is worth $9,000 USD?

So if I went to the store to buy a cheep car for 9 grand USD today, I'd have to pay for it with one BTC. But if I did it 2 months ago, I'd have to have paid 1.5 bitcoins, based on the value of the current BTC/USD.

The value of the car did not change, but the value of the currency did. Which is BTC, which is compared to USD.

I mean, what is bitcoin valued against? It has no intrinsic value, so it must be compared with a currency like the USD which is backed by GDP and stuff like that.

What is BTC worth on it's own merit? Electricity chits redeemable at your local recycling venue? Carbon credits?

And if in one year, for some reason, BTC just jumped up to 1,000,000 USD per coin. Well, that car that was worth $9,000 USD is still worth $9,000 USD. But that single BTC you spent on it was a total waste, now wasn't it.

The coin you gave away for even consideration of a $9K car is now worth 100X that amount. Tough noogies, eh?

The car is still worth only $9K, but your BTC is worth a million.

And it goes the other way, too. BTC drops from $9K per to $9 per in USD.

So you got the car at a bargain. You basically invested your BTC in a $9K vehicle, while the price of the coin crashed 100X below it's value.

This is not a stable currency, man. The car is still worth the same amount in USD, but your alternate currency is flipping so wildly around any real value that it is impossible to use it as a base for a monetary system, because it HAS no base. It's made up on nothing like GDP or GNP! Not on goods or services, imports/vs exports, and THEIR currencies..I mean, geez!

#40     May 25, 2020