The Fed bought nearly half of LAST WEEK'S 7 year Treasury Issuance

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Roman Candle, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Looks like that 15 and 30 year auction of $100 billion is going to go REAL well given all of those flush accounts that the primary dealers will have . . . :D

#11     Aug 6, 2009
  2. I hate to say this, but I am starting to believe the conspiracy theorists that claim all of this is a concerted effort to purposefully drive us to a one world currency....the New World Order.

I mean really the leaders of the world can't be dumb enough to not see whats going on and how to stop it. There are literally millions of posts, blogs, videos, etc. of normal people who see whats going on. You can't tell me these people are all smarter than our leaders. Yes I know there are some politicians who are almost too stupid to breath but certainly not all of them. So that has to mean they are all for whats going on and in fact at least partially behind it. Throw in Tim Geithner's public admission for support of a single world currency "even if it was NOT the US dollar" and there you go.

#12     Aug 6, 2009
  3. achilles28

achilles28

I applaud your courage to face the facts.

However, you're a bit behind the curve on this one.

There have been numerous autobiographies, policy papers, historical biographies and insider accounts over the past 60 years - from the most highly-credentialed and regarded names in politics and industry - that all admitted the same thing: a concerted agenda for One World Government.

The evidence you've seen is really small and just the tip of the iceberg.

Which is why all the conspiracy weirdos appear fanatical. The evidence is voluminous, irrefutable, and crystal clear.

The media simply won't report it. And the Sheeple, in general, are ignorant to it.

It appears like a circus sideshow to a group of oblivious tourists 'just passing through'... When in reality, the 'crazies' on the side of the road are warning them of certain-terrors that lay ahead. It's really that bizarre. Keep digging.

Try Carol Quigley "Tragedy and Hope", FIRST edition (the second was heavily redacted...wonder why....) Thats the magnum opus of the NWO Agenda. Penned over 40 years ago. Go figure.

#13     Aug 6, 2009
  4. Thanks for the link to Chris Martenson's website. It looks very interesting, so I joined it.

On his site, he states that the dollars that the US is printing to buy Treasuries are ending up in the stock market and is fueling the current rally. But I do not understand how that occurs. If the dollars are printed by the Fed and are given to the US government to pay for it's Treasuries, who gets that money and buys stocks with it?

#15     Aug 7, 2009
  5. ...glances over at GS.

#16     Aug 7, 2009
  6. Thanks for the hint. So Goldman Sachs receives large amounts of cash from Treasury sales and uses the money to buy stocks?

Feel free to spell it out for me, since economics and finance are not my field.

Thanks.

#17     Aug 7, 2009
  7. dtan1e

dtan1e

imagine when China and Japan finds out eventually their substantial holding of treasuries is worth a lot less in real terms and getting less by the day, they be rushing to unload, that be a laugh

#18     Aug 7, 2009
  8. 1.) Treasury "issues" notes (based on nothing - except its ability to kill its citizens and make slaves of them - for tax purposes - 'cause the taxes are to "help" the citizens)
    2.) Primary dealer "buys" note - well, in this case agrees to "hold" the notes for a few days...to give the "front" that there is demand for the notes.
    3.) After holding the "notes" for a few days, the primary dealer "sells" the notes to the Fed...and now the primary dealer has money in its pocket...for doing nothing.

At least that is the way I see it - I could be wrong - don't go buy or sell anything based upon what I say :D

-gastropod

#19     Aug 7, 2009
  9. This is some funny sh1t...

#20     Aug 7, 2009