The Fauci Emails

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, Jun 2, 2021.

1. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

https://news.yahoo.com/truth-trump-operation-warp-speed-103059422.html

The Truth about Trump’s Operation Warp Speed

Millions of people across the United States have already received doses of vaccines against coronavirus — vaccines developed as part of Operation Warp Speed (OWS), the project conceived, initiated, resourced, and largely executed under Trump administration leadership. Daily, millions more join their ranks. But listening to members of the liberal media and the Biden administration, one could be forgiven for not clearly understanding the pivotal role leaders within the Trump administration, along with private-sector partners, played in developing, manufacturing, and delivering over 300 million safe and effective vaccines in less than one year to the American people.

OWS was conceived in the spring of 2020 by Department of Health and Human Services secretary Alex Azar, a former pharmaceutical company executive who deeply understood the motivations, risk tolerance, and complexities of drug development, manufacturing, and distribution. It was immediately embraced by President Trump, who ensured we had the financial resources, attention, talent, and government support required for success. Shortly thereafter, we added a number of other exceptional leaders: Dr. Moncef Slaoui, the most accomplished vaccine developer of our generation, Generals Perna, Ostrowski, and Sharpsten from the Army Logistics Command, and Carlo de Notaristefani, a distinguished pharmaceutical manufacturing expert, Dr. Francis Collins of the National Institutes of Health, who oversaw the clinical trials, and Jared Kushner as our White House liaison. This country owes the vaccines we have to this team of leaders.

The OWS strategy required the U.S. government to assume the financial risk for manufacturing the vaccines. Normally, manufacturing vaccines at scale only occurs after its developer receives approval from the FDA. In the middle of a global pandemic, this was unacceptable. So, beginning in the summer of 2020, we financed the manufacturing of up to 3 billion vaccines, many months before any vaccine was granted an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA). When the Biden administration “secures” more doses, it is simply pushing the “reorder button” on options in contracts we established last year. The OWS strategy also involved selecting a small “portfolio” of the very best vaccines from among 114 vaccine candidates. Could the candidate get through phase-three clinical trials quickly enough? Would it be effective in persons over age 65? Could it be manufactured at scale such that we would have tens of millions of doses prior to the first half of 2021? Dr. Slaoui chose six candidates across three technology platforms, five of which have, or will shortly, meet all of these criteria.

Despite the Biden administration’s comments suggesting we “had no plan,” we are flattered the Biden administration has actually embraced nearly 100 percent of the Trump administration’s plan. The only difference is FEMA-led mass-vaccination sites, which have administered less than 2 percent of our vaccines. The Biden folks snub their noses at the Trump dog food at night, but the bowl is always empty in the morning.

#161     Jun 8, 2021
    elderado, traderob and TreeFrogTrader like this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

foucher
    fouch 97.jpg

#162     Jun 8, 2021
  3. AS I said... the government people in charge did their job as always while a Secy and president took all the credit like it was their idea to begin with. I can bet you there are numerous career bureaucrats who did the work to get this going and the Secy and pres got to stand up and say "It was my idea and I pushed it through..."

the same people who still are working in the government long after the glory whores left and the next batch of glory whores took office...

After doing some federal contracts for almost 10 years, I was surprised at how much work Secy or similar cabinet members take all the credit for work that took place while they happen to be in office and the underlings kiss their ass at times. If HHS had no Secy, same shit would have been achieved because it is their job.

#163     Jun 8, 2021
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

I dunno Ocho....
    I just finished reading Cohen's book.
    Now say whatever about Trump, but there's one thing that seems to be a cohesive thread in everything he does.... he gets his way through any and all means possible. If you work for him and you can't deliver.... you're toast. Now bearing that in mind, the man was President of the United States... which means he had the ULTIMATE power.

Ya gotta give credit where credit is due Ocho.
    Using your argument to counter your point I could come back with "Hey Ocho, those government officials weren't working in Pfizer's labs either. They too had nothing to do with it."

Bottom line.... it's Trump's vaccine.
    History will eventually write that.
    His being the quintessential asshole to everyone below him... in this case at least, perhaps saved millions of live worldwide.
    And of course it was self-serving, he wanted to get re-elected.
    But results are results.
    Just calling it like I see it Ocho.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    #164     Jun 8, 2021
    WeToddDid2 likes this.
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

It's from the National Review.... LOL

#165     Jun 8, 2021
    Ricter likes this.
  6. Cuddles

Cuddles

Dump just crippled the response, this is well documented. We'd have had Pfeizer vax on zero American effort. Joe gets to claim credit for the #BidenVaccine for at least not bungling delivery.

#166     Jun 8, 2021

7. Sorry.. politicians were not in the lab doing anything about it. Only thing the government did which is what they had to do was guarantee purchases so pharma would put the effort in to create it knowing they had a captive marekt to sell it. Biden, Trump, HRC, Obama, Carter....whoever was president would not have deterred this moving forward and the government stepping to say go for it, we will buy it. I am equal opportunity here, I don't credit ANY rpesident with the vaccine, just the FDA for doing their job which they do eveyr year no matter who sits in the WH. As someone who dod work for the federal government through 2 administrations, the higher ups were swapped out but the career people carried the load while the front office took credit.

Being an asshole did not get shit done, it just mucked things up in the beginning because he refused to let his COVID team do any of the talking (not fauci but any of his medical and science team).

president's don't get to claim shit done while they were in the white house in the private sector. Is it Clinton's internet? Obama's bitcoin? Biden's Alzheimer's medicine?

#167     Jun 8, 2021

8. When you live inside the beltway as you do all your heroes look like bureaucrats and everything is fine. Bureaucrats are the true action figures.

The reality is that if Trump had not made things happen to get vaccines to market, Joe would not be getting credit for the only thing that is working for him - ie. distributing Trump vaccines.

#168     Jun 8, 2021
    CaptainObvious and WeToddDid2 like this.
  9. easymon1

easymon1

Politicians have One Job.
    Get ReElected.

#169     Jun 8, 2021
    gwb-trading and CaptainObvious like this.

10. Yeah but unlike you... I am consistent... I give no credit to any president to what the career government people do every day.

And don't be a dick, no one called them heroes, they are just doing their job. Scientists and Ph.ds created the vaccine, not limp dicked politicians.

P.S. I have not lived inside the beltway in many years.

#170     Jun 9, 2021