The fall of Tradovate

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Expo, Nov 6, 2022.

1. Expo

Expo

#21     Mar 7, 2023
  2. tango29

tango29

I'm looking at Quantower currently. I just hate the process of switching, and do like the Tradovate platform, when it is working.

#22     Mar 7, 2023
  3. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

This morning there was a service outage that affected some users ability to log in to their trading platform. This issue was identified and resolved. Please contact us if you continue to experience any issues.

We strive for excellence and apologize for the recent service interruptions you may have experienced. We will be providing transparent details on what happened along with the proactive steps we are taking to ensure this issue does not occur again. Thank you for your patience while we prepare that information for you.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
    #23     Mar 7, 2023
    tango29 and savoir like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

It has been over 24 hours. Any update on why it happened?

#24     Mar 8, 2023
  5. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

We recently experienced service outages which interrupted trading for many of our users. To start, we want to apologize for failing to deliver the system performance you both require and expect as a Tradovate client. We know we let you down. The goal of this message is to provide you an update regarding what happened, and the steps taken to remedy the separate incidents.

What happened & how was it resolved?

• On February 24th, a system maintenance window was misconfigured which triggered a server cluster migration during trading hours. This caused a service disruption from approximately 8:50 am ET until 9:29 am ET. Additional safeguards have since been added to ensure that maintenance updates are performed during non-trading hours as you would expect.

• On March 7th, an update to our client dashboard resulted in an issue that overloaded some of our servers. This cascaded to the entire system resulting in an outage from approximately 10:00 am ET to 11:15 am, ET. A fix for the root cause of the outage was deployed later that day. Additionally, we made server updates to better handle unexpected load increases and added extra server capacity to safeguard against future occurrences.
    Once again, we want to apologize for these service interruptions and the impact they have had on your trading. We’ve been in touch with many of you to help solve any issues this may have caused. We strive for excellence and will continue to proactively elevate and reinforce our systems in that pursuit.

#25     Mar 9, 2023
    savoir likes this.
  6. schizo

schizo

Off-topic, but what does the title "The fall of Tradovate" exactly mean? My first impression was that Tradovate went out of business. Then, after some reading, it turns out it was nothing but that. Rather it was about some inconvenience OP experienced with their platform. :rolleyes:

#26     Mar 9, 2023
  7. Expo

Expo

Matthew_Trading1265
    10h
    Okay I am now completely sick of Tradovate.

They have changed the data provider and the DOM updates as slow as my damn great grand mother. It updates once every second and now you can’t even tell the naunces of orderflow within the DOM. The tools are too expensive as well. This is literally Ninjatrader’s platform disguised in a Tradovate Font. There were reasons why Tradovate was special. Becuase it was unique! They have ruined it by copy and pasting their code onto the new platform.

I would prefer the old version as an option and that I can trade on it alone. Most likely leaving. Like 99%

Simontrades

9h
    I agree, as soon as my subscriptions finish I’m also leaving. Not sure if the NT version will be any better.
    I loved using Tradovate however with thee last two crashes I can’t trust this platform with my livelyhood anymore. I have noticed things not working in the last few days. Market replay either freezes or won’t load data from 1 week ago, setting a stop loss is just acting weird, pulling me out of a trade when I’m nowhere near my stop loss.
    Data freezing and not loading like the DAX which I paid for and can’t use because of this.
    it’s a shit show now.

#27     Mar 13, 2023
  8. Expo

Expo

#28     Mar 14, 2023
    Artech likes this.
  9. tango29

tango29

Interesting, I need to check with them, as the effective date says 3/6/23, but I am showing on my statements still the old rates. The old rates are .50 a side cheaper for minis. They are pushing it going up that much. Most other brokers I have researched come in cheaper, but if the justification is you get the platform for free, then get both platforms working correctly. Otherwise I am not paying for a platform via commissions and dealing with issues.
    Both pieces need to get on the ball with communication of what is happening. Letting people discover things is not a great business model. Let us know whether people are grandfathered at old rates, and other items as they come up.
    Personally I think they would be best off having more than 1 option for platforms as most brokers have various options. I get they have their own, but if you are interested in being competitive you can offer people your brokerage and other platforms. If they intend to dump Tradovates platform make it clear with ample time to allow people to either move over to Ninja or another platform instead of alienating people, especially in the age of social media where complaining and slamming is too easy.
    My hope is they continue with the Tradovate platform and put assets into to make it better. I actually like the platform.
    Another nit is the last couple of trading days my fills are popping up before the DOM shows my order being hit. It is not on my end as I checked my connections. If it is CQG, then let us know, and what is being done to solve the issue.

#29     Mar 14, 2023
  10. Tradovate

Tradovate Sponsor

The new pricing applies to new customers as of March 4th, 2023 only. Existing customers pricing remains unchanged. You can view additional Pricing FAQs here.

#30     Mar 14, 2023