The Fake 60% Approval Rating

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, May 11, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

without me having to sift through your 68 page attachment, can you specifically point out where the data you have refutes what morris is claiming?

secondly, i still cannot believe you take the AP's choice to include the commentary of more democrats to mean there are actually more democrats in the country now. i honestly have no reply for that handy. it's beyond silly.

lastly, if you honestly believe that 60% of the public favors obama, when 29% of the country believes it is headed in the right direction then...well, again i think you need to take a course in logical thinking :)

#21     May 12, 2011
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Uhh, Tsing, with all due respect, that is not a problem from a logic perspective...

#22     May 12, 2011
  3. Perhaps. But it does point out how people who may be smart can still lack common sense.

#23     May 12, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

why not?

to me, if one poll states that 71% of the population think we're headed in the wrong direction, and the other states that 60% of the people think the president is doing a good job, then logic would sugget there is a disconnect.

#24     May 12, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

It's two different questions.

1) Do you approve of Obama?
    2) Is the country headed in the right direction?

Alternatively,
    1) Do you love your wife?
    2) Is she making the right decision in this case?

#25     May 12, 2011
  6. I thought the discussion was about the AP poll. My opinion which is formed by looking at all the data is that about half the country like the job Obama is doing. I did not know we were talking about direction of the country too.

Here is the raw data from AP that I think contradicts Morris:

[​IMG]

#26     May 12, 2011
  7. what a friggin joke, 60% approval.

the AP isn't fit to wipe my ass with.

The Left's biggest boggyman, Faux news, whose commentators
    openly express their leanings, is the target of the most hysterical,
    shrill, shrieking and derision, while the left actually defends the AP,
    and has reported this number unquestioned as fact across every
    imaginable outlet. I stumbled upon the hispanic talk show guy last
    night who was championing the "60% Approval!".

But, it's par for the course, obviously, anyone who isn't a delusional,
    dishonesty, idiot-leftists sees bias everywhere, because virtually
    everywhere it exists. Something like , 90% of journalists lean left,
    and we all know the types who ended in the School of Journalism.
    Mental Midgets.

#27     May 12, 2011

8. Are you going to stick with this?

So, the common creed needs to be revised to:

God, Obama, Family, Country? Or would it be:
    Obama, God, Family, Country?

too worthless to comment beyond that

#28     May 12, 2011
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

you cannot possibly draw a comparison like that. well, you can, but it's so way off the mark it's not even amusing. the president's primary job is to put the country on the right track and make decisions that lead to the betterment of it. that is the sole purpose he is elected and the primary function of his job. adversely, people have been known to often vote out presidents that fail to perform that task.

if your wife makes a bad decision, as long as it isn't something in the realm of betrayal, it does not affect your love for her.

if you're going to make me respond to silly things like this, i'll just opt out. please dont waste my time.

#29     May 12, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

the discussion IS about the AP poll. and i cannot see the question asked in the image you posted, because you cut it off!

#30     May 12, 2011