The failure of liberalism can be summed up in 1 quote from Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Feb 15, 2013.

1. So we shouldn't try to save a life? WTF is wrong with you fucked up righties? Dropped on your heads when you were small?

#21     Feb 15, 2013
  2. Max E.

Max E.

40k people die in car accidents every year, a fatality rate that is exponentially higher than that of gun deathds, if we set the speed limit to 5 miles per hour none of these people will die, do you believe we should lower the speed limit to 5 miles per hour? If we do lower the speed limit to five miles per hour what is the opportunity cost to everyone living within that economy?

It doesnt surprise me that you are incapable of thinking for yourself.

#22     Feb 15, 2013
  3. i dunno, i think i'd wish for a white unicorn, preferably the kind that can fly. :D Or maybe that all the fraudulent politicians and their anti-American sympathizers magically teleported to N Korea where they belong.

c'mon bro that is just not applicable to this thread.. err anything really.

#23     Feb 15, 2013
  4. This is what he said

“If there’s even one life that can be saved, then we’ve got an obligation to try,”

-Barack Obama

He didn't say " We should try to save one life no matter what it costs"

That's you in your hysteria reading into it. He just said we have an obligation to do something even if it saves just one life.

So as usual,another moron righty simply has a comprehension problem coupled with a tendency toward paranoia, irrationality and hysteria.

#24     Feb 15, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

It's actually a classic philosophical problem directly related to this thread. It does not have an easy answer, which I think you picked up on, if only instinctively. : )

#25     Feb 15, 2013
  6. There is no perfect set of rules or laws that will keep everyone from dying, and we are ALL going to die anyway. In the meantime you should live as YOU see fit and not have a group of fallible people who think otherwise making decisions that effect your life, for you.

The question itself is completely theoretical and doesn't apply to life in any way.. but I'll play along. I would leave it up to the child.. his life, his choice. I wouldn't mention this decision to him until I felt he was old enough to understand it completely and I would respect his decision either way. It isn't the parents place to make that decision for him/her.

#26     Feb 15, 2013
  7. Think about it this way . . . in the future , if some terrorist organization or rogue country decided to attack the US, and if you were all old and frail and fuckedup , maybe,just maybe, it will be that nasty whore's children who will put their lives on the line to save your haggidy ass.

#27     Feb 15, 2013
  8. Not surprisingly, you missed the point of the post. It wasn't about the kids but the parents.

#28     Feb 15, 2013

9. Read above where you write '' In the meantime you should live as YOU see fit and not have a group of fallible people who think otherwise making decisions that effect(affect) your life,for you''

That woman is living her own life.

#29     Feb 15, 2013
  10. No she isn't, we're paying for her kids, and she's living off the money. If we don't have to support her with our taxes then fine, have as many as you want. And yes I know some people actually need the money, but there is no excuse for this women having 20 kids when she can't support 1, or anyone having kids that they aren't even trying to support. They do it for money, you know it, I know it. I'm saying fuck that.

#30     Feb 15, 2013