The Face of Things to Come

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jun 7, 2007.

1. DDM closed around 94. My average is around 94.55ish. I am short. How am I losing? You are unbelievable dude.

#31     Jun 10, 2007
  2. I think he doesn't respond, because I am asking serious questions he has no idea how to answer. Thanks for putting you're .02 in mak. I guess you're his mentor?

#32     Jun 10, 2007
  3. I think you will be safe in the DDM until it reaches the lip of the cup. However, I think there are better ultrashort plays out there. I had highlighted the ultrashort utilities index as one. That has bled out a little bit, but still may have additional opportunity as the interest rates rise further.

#33     Jun 10, 2007
  4. very cool. see you at the next one.

surf

#34     Jun 10, 2007
  5. You have to go out and meet people. Go online to these trader publications and finance magazines and sign up on their mailing list. www.meetup.com Be creative.

#35     Jun 10, 2007
  6. Um..you said you shorted on friday and the highest it traded was 94.2

#36     Jun 10, 2007
  7. Um..no

#37     Jun 10, 2007
  8. DXD's is my baby and a bargain at 50-51.

#38     Jun 10, 2007
  9. That would mean you anticipate rate hikes in the mid-term. Rate hike odds implied in FF futures are currently running at 0% for this year. Also rate cut odds for this year dropped to 0% after Bernankes statements (hence the move in the bond markets). The markets currently "think" rates will be flat for the year. You better have a strong stomach and a lot of spare capital to gamble against them.

#39     Jun 10, 2007
  10. Why? Gamblers against rate cuts earlier this year would have made a fortune. :confused: (Sorry, couldn't help but mock you because you're such a baby about this stuff.)

#40     Jun 10, 2007