The Face of Things to Come

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jun 7, 2007.

1. where's the inflation? or reported inflation?

as long as inflation is tame, you will see sharp counter trend rallies in the bond market.

you have to understand there is a great deal of deflationary forces underneath in the world markets. If you analyze a multidecade bond market chart, those countertrend rallies will wipe out most anyone.

so pimco coming out and saying he expects long term rates higher down the road, sure, but there is a huge deflationary cycle waiting. When the deflationary cycle hits and we try to reinflate thats when inflation has a chance to come back.

japan is teetering, and hasn't raised rates. They learned their lessons about raising rates too fast. If you want to make money in the bond market, you can't be selling the cyclical lows, you have to wait for a sharp countertrend rally.

I still anticipate 4.0-4.4%, consumers are a fickle bunch. We see rising costs of healtcare, and being hit at the pump, and we see our home values depreciating. We see our country fixated on War. So there are still a great deal of psychological deflationary forces at work. We are still shellshocked from the dot.com/911 events. Looking at everything the deflationary/inflationary balance is about even. And thats why the bond market was range bound for awhile. A string of strong reports broke us out of this range. And all you need is a string of weak reports to bring us back in.

Then pimco has reevaluate the situation again. A great deal of people haven't participated in this equity rally and have stayed out. So where would anyone put their money?

In bonds yielding 5%? In gold? or technology shares? The technology shares have the greatest deal of growth ahead of them. The world is rebuilding itself over and over, and advances in technology fuels the rebuild as the old is thrown away and the new is implemented.

Unless bonds approach the average rate of return year over year in equities, the equity market still has legs.

#21     Jun 9, 2007
  2. Longdong :D Apparently your sister told you about me.

What's the matter...you upset because I didn't answer the PM you sent me?

#23     Jun 10, 2007
  3. I flew in 2 jets, each time for a half hour. The Bombardier Challenger was one and another one was an Embraier.

I think we are on the same mailing list for these events. I would recommend attending them because they are always somewhat interesting.

Its not everyday that I fly on private jets or take a drive in the Mclaren. It is a good time plus you never know who you might meet...even if you do not meet anyone, your face is out there for all to see and the world is a small place...

In any event, the invite is not hard to get and the cost is free.

#24     Jun 10, 2007

4. How do I get an invite?

#25     Jun 10, 2007
  5. You're such a putz. What does this have to do with the stock market? Seriously, no one cares.

#26     Jun 10, 2007
  6. Ooops forgot to copy and paste you're latest bullshit response stock. Here's my question. You think we are going to be up 2% on monday? I found a new correlation, you tend to get much dumber as the days get longer. You're arrogance is going to get you 86'ed from investing. By the way did you buy any DDM from me at the close? I tend to doubt it.

#27     Jun 10, 2007
  7. You ever consider he has you on ignore? After all I see you writing him 10 messages daily without any response. Maybe send him PMs with your trading wisdom?

#28     Jun 10, 2007
  8. The sell off is over. You can either cover DDM on Monday morning for a minimal loss or wait till later this week and be stopped out. You're already in the hole.

#29     Jun 10, 2007
  9. Especially not guys running a Pentium II with a 17" monitor and a net worth that wouldn't buy a private set of paper wings let alone a jet huh stock_turder?! :p

#30     Jun 10, 2007