The F.U.B.A.R. Guide to Speaking Religiously:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by james_bond_3rd, Jul 25, 2006.

1. I only read hate from the phrases that contain the word "hate," as in "hate the sin ..."

#11     Jul 25, 2006
  2. How dare you offend Zeus with such drivel You will be lucky if he doesnt turn you into one of those goatmen things.

#12     Jul 25, 2006
  3. fhl

fhl

Oh, ok. When he attacks religious people, he's not attacking Christians. On the other hand, when Christians attack a sin, they by definition are attacking the sinner.

Thanks for teaching me what an unimpaired brain looks like. lol

#13     Jul 25, 2006
  4. 1. I don't hate religion or religious people, not even their actions or words, although I may interpret some of their words (such as "hate the sin") as hateful.

2. Where did you read "love the person" part in my post? I would never love someone the way some religious people would love others.

3. Where did you read "hate Christians" in my post?

4. Where did I attribute "hateful things" to their "actions?" (I was only talking about words, for Chris' sake!)

#14     Jul 25, 2006
  5. fhl

fhl

This is precious. This clown starts a thread with his "translation" of religious language, and then is terribly offended when someone "translates" what he said.

#15     Jul 25, 2006
  6. I see. "Religious people" are sacred and are not to be made fun of. OTOH, liberals, democrats, lefties, commies, moonbats are unpatriotic, hate America, and are Godless.

By the way, when someone says that "liberals/democrats hate America," that's not attacking, that's simply stating a fact.

Talk about "unimpaired brains!"

#16     Jul 25, 2006
  7. It seems that you have trouble reading. I am not offended at all. It is simply curious that you can read either "hate" or "love' in my post, where the only place the word "hate" can be found is in the phrase "hate the sin." I apologize for my unsuccessful attempt at irony.

#17     Jul 25, 2006
  8. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

CELEBRATE DIVERSITY ... ATTACK CHRISTIANS

#18     Jul 25, 2006
  9. lol

sometimes out of (bad) habit, i still say "oh my god" from time to time..

but lately i've been trying to replace it with "oh my frog"

#19     Jul 25, 2006
  10. jem

jem

Perhaps God is pleased by your efforts

#20     Jul 25, 2006