The exodus of New York City’s endangered middle class

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dealmaker, Dec 23, 2018.

1. R1234

R1234

sea level rise is no joke. Just ask the mayor of miami beach - he is seeing it with his own eyes.

#31     Dec 29, 2018
  2. Watching from the far north, aka Canada, I have been saddened by the move to a police state in the USA. As a youngster I dreamed of moving to Hawaii. Now, because it is part of the USA that is no longer a choice.

You might consider Costa Rica. I've heard it is nice and with a concern for the environment.
    Perhaps the Cayman Islands, Bermuda?

Most countries tax you on your country of residence. Not the USA. It taxes you are your country of citizenship. So moving abroad is more complicated for Americans. More are revoking their citizenship. (not easy to do I have read).

Good luck on whatever your choice.

#32     Dec 30, 2018
  3. sle

sle

#33     Feb 17, 2019
    Sig likes this.
  4. Sig

Sig

It's funny, most urban dwellers would say that imposing restrictions on things like if two dudes in NYC can get married or I can smoke a joint in my house is an "unwillingness to just live and let live.", so it all depends on where you sit. I think the religious right fundamentalists and their strong association with rural America makes it a pretty uncredible assertion that the left has any kind of monopoly on intolerance and threatening the lifestyle of others. I grew up as rural as they come, and while I don't go as far as "unsophisticated clods" I do believe there is a strong anti-intellectualism anti-education streak, again probably driven by the fundamentalists, that I base on my first-hand experience.

If you're a libertarian conservative, on the other hand, sure. I feel sorry for those folks getting saddled with the rest of the right. While I don't agree with much of what they believe at least they are generally internally consistent with their beliefs while the religious right most definitely is not.

#34     Feb 18, 2019
  5. %%
    Partly true; but tides/rising + lower/higher levels of oceans is not ''global warming/climate change'' They changed the name from global warming to ''climate change/scam '' LOL. Ever wonder why so many riverfront homes are built on on long stilts-hint, its not climate change LOL. Thanks:cool::cool:

#35     Feb 19, 2019
    Patrick Slevin likes this.
  6. zdreg

zdreg

cheap gov't insurance,

#36     Feb 19, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. The leftist overlords only want the poor and illegal aliens. ocasio-cortez's leftist Fart paradise.

#37     Feb 19, 2019
  8. Oh right, totally forgot about how oceans have seasonal flooding.

#38     Feb 20, 2019
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. %%
    LOL not just hurricane season,DS,.Only a 6.66/+feet above sea level Miami margin of safety.Most likely enough for hotes. I'm fairly optimistic for the So FLA hotels; the global cooling scam[1970s]is so well known , no one believes that nonsense LOL-LOL:D:D

#39     Feb 20, 2019
  10. dealmaker

dealmaker