The evolution of my trading - Dumping the indicators & loving small losses

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cunparis, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Only one trade today on ES. It's rare that I do that, I guess my discipline is getting better.

[​IMG]

On the Bund I had a few:

[​IMG]

#11     Oct 22, 2010
  2. Scalping this morning on the dax. This is on simulator, will be going to real money very soon..

[​IMG]

#12     Oct 28, 2010
  3. All of your Dax scalps lost money and you have on open long there. There is also a Bund scalp in there. It looks like compulsive trading to me. Regardless, why do you think people are interested to see your sim trading results? Imagine what would happen in here if every compulsive scalper posted sim results. Get your act together and publish some real results.

#13     Oct 28, 2010
  4. Your post is very representative of the reason that most profitable traders do not spend time here. Every time we post something we are attacked, insulted, called a "shill", etc. I have to ask myself why I bother. There is very rarely an interesting discussion to come out of sharing something. When one posts profitable trades no one believes them. Many here have very limiting beliefs. Since they cannot be profitable they reason that no one else can. These beliefs are at the heart of the roadblock to becoming profitable!

You make a lot of assumptions, you should think more before typing all the insults. The trades visible in the window start at trade 22 which was an exit from a short. If you take that into account you'll see that every trade was a winner. I think I did have one loser today but I don't remember, if I did it wasn't big.

Now if people want to discuss scalping or any other topic that is constructive then I'm interested. But I won't argue or defend myself, certainly against the naysayers and certainly not against people who don't know how to tell a winning trade from a loser.

Will be trading real money very soon but I don't expect any difference as I've made the transition from simulator to real money many times in the past. For me simulator is a very important part of trading in order to test out changes to the trading plan, test out new ideas, etc.

#14     Oct 28, 2010
  5. This is from the other day. Account starting with 7 is real money, S is for sim101. I won't post yesterday's because no one would believe it. I did tweet one of the trades real time via Twitter, got 4.5 pts on ES (real).

[​IMG]

#15     Oct 28, 2010
  6. Where is that shown? You throw in a table which shows losing trades and then when someone notices that you claim that the first trade was # 22 and you blame the poster for attacking you unreasonably.

Nobody cares to analyze your sims. If you have a method or system to discuss a lot of people would be interested in it. I can throw in here 100 simulated trades too. Everyone can do that. Can this serve as the basis of any intelligent discussion? So what? Does that make me or you a trader?

#16     Oct 28, 2010
  7. Ok, let's see your sim trades showing you made money. i have a hunch you're not going to be able to post any.

#17     Oct 28, 2010
  8. I tweeted my real money swing trade real time today:

[​IMG]

Banked half at 2.75 pts and I'm holding the rest. It may get stopped out but I'm giving it a chance.

Here's what I'm looking at:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#18     Oct 28, 2010
  9. ES swing trade stopped out with a few ticks profit on second half. I think 5 pts overall. If I see some more buying I'll try another long.

Scalping on the dax & bund done with real money this morning. Was a bit slow due to the european holiday on monday.

[​IMG]

Still looking forward to seeing Bashatrader's sim trades.

#19     Oct 29, 2010
  10. henry76

henry76

I just wondered if most of your profits come from fading back into a range( or similer ), thanks .

#20     Oct 29, 2010