The Evolution of an E-mini Trader

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Huios, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Huios

Huios

I am not Phantom, I am Son of Phantom:D

#51     Jun 12, 2002
  2. Huios

Huios

Vulture

Thank you for your posts. Both were just what I needed to hear at this time. If you look at my charts (use a magnifing glass) you see what I try to do is get in on the bounce, and ride it lower/higher. What I realized this morning is that I try to get short when the numbers are green, to get the high tick, but also to "prove the trade correct " right from the get go, so I don't have to deal with being wrong. Picking tops/bottoms, arrrgh.

"Panicked finger on the mouse" - you are reading my mail.

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

#52     Jun 12, 2002
  3. Huios

Huios

I use MA's but just for confirmation

#53     Jun 12, 2002
  4. Huios

Huios

Todays Ranges

Daily Range was 20 pts, but the intraday travel range was a whopping 80 pts.

The graphs are brought to you today by MWSnap. MWSnap, for all your screen shots.

#54     Jun 12, 2002
  5. Huios

Huios

Felt good this morning. Got enough sleep, and had a good walk/run, set another personal best (42:39)

Morning Trades

Trade 1 -Double tap of the bottom of the morning range, went thru the top. HH and HL from there. Waited for the retrace (62%), but was a little slow getting in. Got out a little quick, should have rode out the "wiggle" and sold a little higher. Gain of 1.25.

Trade 2 - Saw the double top, drop, and consolidation. When I was wondering which way it was gonna go, it dropped without me. Made a lower top, and shorted at the beginning of the second consolidation. Why did I get out early? PREM was staying positive. Looking back, if the PREM was +, and the market was dropping, what will happen when the PREM goes -. Found that one out right after I got out. Gain of 2.5

Trade 3 - Just a dumb trade. Chasing the market. Loss of -.5

Overall, had a good morning.

#55     Jun 12, 2002
  6. ddefina

ddefina

Today was great for small trends. Should've been a good day for trend/MA/S/R traders. :)

#56     Jun 12, 2002
  7. Huios

Huios

Can't attach a file in the edit mode!

#57     Jun 12, 2002
  8. rcreal

rcreal

A solo trade today over four emini systems I watch (2 nq, 2 es).

Went long at 1112.50, just to watch a a nasty 17 point drop over the next 1/2 hour.

Fortunately, closed up ... made 9 points on the trade. No complaints here.

Keep up the good work ... really enjoy reading your journal Ed.

Rich

#58     Jun 12, 2002
  9. Huios

Huios

Afternoon Trades

Watched during lunch the retracement. Market made a higher low. That is where I should have jumped on, but didn't. Making lunch for J and my baby coming home.

Trade 4 - Wasn't gonna chase this thing. Waiting for some kind of consolidation, but none came. Things slowed around 13:10, and I jumped on board. Showing a good profit, but jumped out during the "wiggle". Left some on the table. Gain of 3 pts.

Trade 5 - Bought at the retracement, but it was the retracement that wasn't. Loss of .5. But it was the setup I trade, so even though it was a loss, it was a good trade.

Trade 6 - Chasing the market up because I missed my setup. DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. And, right after I got in, the market got real squirrelly. I put an indicator I seldom use up on the chart and it said we were gonna hit new highs. That is the reason I got in. Well, I held on cuz we were going to new highs!!!!! DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. This little lesson cost me 4.5 points.

Trade 7 - Still numb from #6. Missed the little retrace and chased this thing again. This time I remembered to take the loss early. Minus .25 on the trade.

Ended up with 7 trades, 3 winners, 4 losers. Net loss of $8.60

I had alot of interuptions over lunch, and never got back into my groove.

#59     Jun 12, 2002
  10. ddefina

ddefina

You can hold for a 17 point loss! You've got guts. I haven't traded emini's long, but my goal is to trade 10-20+ contracts consistently. I know I couldn't do large #'s if my methodology allowed for 17 point stop losses! Good end result, but is that a typical drawdown in your system? Could you improvise and bail at a few points and reenter later, knowing you have a buy signal? Seems like you could do some fine tuning.

#60     Jun 12, 2002