The Euro Crisis - Which country will be next?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Jun 15, 2012.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

In the article I say that Malta, Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland and Romania are likely candidates to enter Sovereign Debt Crisis in the future, any thoughts on that?

#21     Jun 16, 2012
  2. Spain,Portugal and Italy, media will probably only focus these 3 for next couple months.
    Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland and Romania, They don't use EUR, they have their own currencies. Currently, they don't have to subject themselves to EU budgetary policy, which EU will enforce its power over EU member countries after this crisis. But, I doubt it. Why England has the exception.

#22     Jun 16, 2012
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

What about Malta and Slovakia?

#23     Jun 16, 2012
  4. that's simple ,next one will be you,if you don't have phisical gold/silver

#24     Jun 16, 2012
  5. Malta is too small. Slovakia are way healthier than the rest of group, on top that, those countries don't have nasty real estate problem.

#25     Jun 16, 2012
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

It is the debt ratio and the maturity date of the debt that creates the need for a bailout. Also they don't have to be in the Euro to need one. All that is required for the need of a bailout is for a government to not be able to pay the maturity payment on debt.

Therefore any nation with a high debt ratio and a looming maturity payment is a candidate to need help. Size does not matter. The title was not which large or meaningful country will need help but simply with country.

#26     Jun 16, 2012
  7. and just what do you think you are going to do with that physical?

If I have the last shovel and gun, why would I want to trade them to you for gold?

After all civilization comes to an end you'll still be hoarding your gold and just like today, saying, "Someday this will be worth a lot."

#27     Jun 16, 2012
  8. vicirek

vicirek

GB and US - if they fail to derail euro because they are the really ones who are bankrupt - economies that have been exported abroad and huge deficits.

In fact euro model is the future model for reserve currency when no country can print money as they please. The euro crisis means that bureaucrats cannot print more money in the form of bond - somebody is watching.

First was the American constitution that separated politicians and money creation to preserve freedom of people but the system became corrupt. Here nobody is even talking to stop the printing presses hoping that under the umbrella of euro crisis trillions can still be printed with no underlying growth and aging population.

#28     Jun 16, 2012
  9. morganist

morganist Guest

Most people have a shovel and gun. They don't have gold.

#29     Jun 16, 2012
  10. a. same things,that you are doing with your money in a bank
    b. i don't know
    c.doesn't make sense

#30     Jun 16, 2012