The ET Real-Time Chat is Coming Back

Discussion in 'Events' started by Baron, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Looks like Morning Attack was in the chat room with a total of 14 postings to date.

#141     Jan 14, 2016
  2. d08

d08

The chat is has stopped working for me again, can't seem to send anything.

#142     Jan 16, 2016
  3. Turveyd

Turveyd

Obviously need a Chit Chat free for all, none Live trading talk goes on in there.

News Chat room, share / discuss live news events.

Then Swing and Daytrade rooms, then split them into Stocks/FX/Index/???? maybe ??

Daytrading room, people need to learn to be brief, no chit chat, just " Dax Long soon maybe ?" maybe " DAX L ?", then answers should be " No " ( next line Why? ), or Maybe/Yes or IN if joining.

Then we can work out, who's good and worth listening to or reversing LOL

More eyes on the prize, some team work, maybe private invitation only chat rooms ( feel free to charge for this ), might improve my focus hugely!

#143     Jan 17, 2016
  4. d08

d08

More rooms ensures that there will be 2-3 people in each room, unless there is 200+ people in the current chat room, splitting it up makes no sense.

#144     Jan 17, 2016
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Such functionality, could bring in more users, which means more adverts clicked and more income from the site and ofcourse more people in chat.

Start off with the basics and expand as the chatters grow I guess.

Chit Chat
    News
    Long Term discussion.
    Swing
    Day Trading.

Then expand on the busy 1's later.

#145     Jan 17, 2016
  6. d08

d08

It won't for one simple users like I mentioned - users. Thousands of users won't just join for a chat room, they already exist all over IRC.
    I personally wouldn't like to have 10 different rooms with 10 users each, it's too much work switching between the tabs.
    The chat right now has nice flow, it's not overcrowded.

#146     Jan 17, 2016
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only checked in a few times, seems busy at times.

IRC still exists and is used, amazing been 10+++ years since I used that.

#147     Jan 17, 2016
  8. I agree, d08...the chatroom is currently a ghost town. -- kind of like everyone getting out in 2008 :vomit:

#148     Jan 17, 2016
  9. How about holding seminars or interviewing popular ETrs or outside traders in the chatroom?

Start with an hour per week with a fixed program, promote it, have questions / answers etc.

surf

#149     Jan 18, 2016
  10. I agree surf, there should be some kind of formal agenda or official show, per se...instead of a random free for all. :confused:o_O
    I think then, it may possibly draw more people to the chatroom -- since it has structure and purpose.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
    #150     Jan 18, 2016