The ET Caucus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Nov 19, 2012.

1. So the caucus present on this thread feels there will be a can kicking.

How will Boehner and the President kick the can? This could be an intrade thing you know.

#41     Nov 19, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The same way they did last time. They'll agree to a one time raising of the debt limit in exchange for some auto cuts down the line.

#42     Nov 19, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

The chart is based on GDP not dollar numbers. But, it doesn't take into account any government spending (defense, omnibus, etc.) other than entitlements. My purpose in presenting it is to show we are on the fast track to a certain economic crash without entitlement reform.

#43     Nov 19, 2012
  4. President Obama says that he will not do that again. You think he will fold?

#44     Nov 19, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL I stopped reading right there.
    No one with two brain cells to rub together believes anything he says.

#45     Nov 19, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I understand, and appreciate your purpose in posting the chart. I'm also aware of the % of GDP calc. What I'm telling you is that there is no way that historical income tax received number is going to hold up. We'll be at critical mass way before 2045. Probably 10 to 15 years before.

#46     Nov 19, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

He said he would never have done it in the first place, and he did. Why should I believe he'll do it this time?

#47     Nov 19, 2012

8. Things said in the first term, vs things said in the second are night and day, Tsing, you know that.

I think if Obama does not get what he wants, we go off the cliff, he will blame the pubs, and the people will be very angry come 2014.

That said, Boehner will fold under that kind of stress. My only question is what gets cut?

#48     Nov 19, 2012
  9. It's just a guess, but by 2020, people will be able to see the comet in the sky, during broad daylight. ( If you understand that analogy)

#49     Nov 19, 2012
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D LOL NO, genius. A lie is a lie is a lie. WHEN it was told doesn't change anything.

#50     Nov 19, 2012