The ET Caucus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Nov 19, 2012.

1. That is why caucusing is a good thing.

I do not see how ending the bush tax cuts helps the middle class.

#21     Nov 19, 2012
  2. It does matter, because nothing is going to happen unless it is doable politically. Now if you are one of those who is headed for his mountain hideaway to wait for the end, fine, but until the end gets here, let's see if we can avoid it.

Can you put something on the table that one can call their Congressman about?

#22     Nov 19, 2012
  3. Living till 80 and working till 80 are two entirely different things. Stop congress from embezzling the fund and the problem is solved. They won't stop embezzling the fund because that breaks the bank of the general fund. Without embezzling the fund this country comes to a grinding halt in about an hour. Damn near everything is financed from raiding social security.

#23     Nov 19, 2012
  4. I'll give you this on SS.

Let's define a certain income level where you won't receive ss benefits.

Buffett gets a ss check.

I suppose prison inmates get a ss check.

Let's identify who we can eliminate from SS.

#24     Nov 19, 2012
  5. Can a bill be crafted for this that the President would sign?

#25     Nov 19, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Huh? It's more like stating the obvious reality
    They've voted for BO twice now, for once you've actually made a true statement I cannot deny
    "They" are not going to do anything even approaching a real solution. They don't have the backbone and the brain dead sheeple that keep reelecting "them" don't want to give up their "free" stuff anyway. Look at Greece, despite their fiscal woes the sheeple still protest and riot at any mention of the government doing what needs to be done. They don't want real solutions, they want their "free" stuff to continue. The fact there is no money left to pay for it is irrelevant to them. Just like it's irrelevant to our sheeple. Hence Obama's reelection.

What I would do simply isn't going to happen, see above. I could make a list but what's the point?

The sheeple cannot keep reelecting the same politicians over and over expecting a different result simply because of political promises almost never kept.

#26     Nov 19, 2012
  7. Did Buffett pay in? If he did does he not deserve to at least get his money back?

Or should we say that everyone with a net worth of > 1MM forfeits it?

#27     Nov 19, 2012
  8. Mav88

Mav88

the country is still split pretty evenly despite how good democrats feel. people are not in a compromise mood.

If you really want to solve an entitlement problem, then the cause must be addressed.

It will not be of course, so they will do what they do best, kick the can. Republicans can save face by saying they 'had to allow' tax cuts to expire in order to address it later for possible re-implementation, democrats can say that medicare needed cutting in order to get the tax cuts and budget balance. Solves nothing, but that's probably the nature of the compromise.

You can't avoid the end, but the end will not be a sudden event, rather a grind down.

#28     Nov 19, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

It's absolutely laughable that you're a die hard Obamabot and anti everything GOP. But NOW all of sudden you're worried about our fiscal problem?

#29     Nov 19, 2012
  10. What cause do you feel needs to be addressed, and can it be put into a bill that the President would sign?

#30     Nov 19, 2012