The eod-umb journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by acronym, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Looking over the charts today, i see potential trades everywhere, which is odd.
    The next few weeks should see significant movements, i dont see the petroleum complex staying too low for very long.
    Im looking for rock solid trades, and there is no such thing-which always makes taking the necessary risk difficult.
    hmm, nearly zen like, that.

#11     Oct 19, 2005
  2. So much for petroleums or bonds going up.
    Just tabulated the results of paper trades over the last few weeks, thought it was a real dog of a basket, but the results are interesting.
    All up, 7 losses for around $15900,
    10 wins for around $24965, $11800 profit roughly par for the course.

But heres a fun fact, had all the losers been stopped and reversed , the result would be 7 losses, 13 wins (with a few neutral positions) for a total of $34700 wins, $18800 profit.
    And thats breaking a good portion of the method rules as well, so thats good.

#12     Nov 14, 2005
  3. Also interesting, the calculated profit from the open positions WITHOUT the stop and reverses had caught up to the sar basket by the 23rd, and passed it by a bit by the end of that week.
    Currently wondering why the heck i didnt take some of these suckers. The top picks were money for jam. Aaaargh:mad:

#13     Nov 28, 2005
  4. Some charts, if they come through.

#14     Nov 29, 2005
  5. and unleaded gas..

#15     Nov 29, 2005
  6. And the cad..

#16     Nov 29, 2005
  7. A couple of consecutive misses on the au$,what was wrong with the arrows?:mad:

#17     Dec 2, 2005
  8. The top pick, from weeks ago, the nikkei.
    Did anyone have this trade? $10,000 au, it was my top pick, and didnt take it.
    Anyone else have that problem, as a noob?

#18     Dec 2, 2005
  9. Oats may be a reasonable punt, in the circled area.

• oats.jpg
      File size:
      631.2 KB
      Views:
    #19     Dec 2, 2005
  10. Updating notes from weekend of 28 nov, a bit late.

coffee-saddle area, did continue down. Bracket would have been fine.(note to self-its called a saddle area cause your supposed to bracket it, dumbass)

british pound-Possibly follow down buy stops, especially of lower price bars. Turned out, the day after this comment was the day-a mediocre close, but not a lower price bar.

cocoa-still downward pressure on weekly. Was
    wooking for a sell there, it appears no short stops would have been hit.

Brent Crude-Triple osc divergence, 5 lower peaks. That assessment was goood.

Euro bund-looking sellish(or, upside target 122)
    Couldnt make up mind on this, a potential loss there.

Short stirling-straight sell. Also worked out good.

Heating oil-possible reversal. Sure was.
    also gooood.
    All in all, another decent basket.

:)

#20     Dec 7, 2005