"The Entire System Has Been Utterly Destroyed By The MF Global Collapse"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Tom B, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Sounds like she's finding someone to blame, when looking the the mirror would have saved some time.

#11     Nov 18, 2011
  2. I don't know why this MF Global theft seems to be funny to some of you. It should not be taken lightly by anybody.

#12     Nov 18, 2011
  3. zdreg

zdreg

MF is a tipping point but history will show that there were many tipping points. the media will take one or two of them and memorialize it in the public's mind.

#13     Nov 18, 2011
  4. Hmm, ok what EU debt exposure is she talking about?
    Is it likely that she really does have some insight into other firms debt exposure or she's just using that as an excuse for shutting down?

I didn't care much about the rest of the post, just that.

#14     Nov 18, 2011
  5. Crispy

Crispy

She is not a electronic broker pushing minimal margin up day traders.

She`s a broker with years of experience in Cattle futs and cash mkt. Believe it or not some people pay up for advice.

#15     Nov 18, 2011
  6. RedDuke

RedDuke

I am not so sure that he will serve time. According to everything I read, it is legal under current framework for FCMs to use customer's segragated funds as a margin for certain assets trading. EU sovereign debt fits that criteria.

#16     Nov 18, 2011
  7. rew

rew

Yes, and that has already happened to many MF Global customers. Their accounts were transferred to other brokerages. But much of their assets were missing or in frozen accounts. So they were hit with instant margin calls. It's a fucking mess.

#17     Nov 18, 2011
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

So why was the CFTC even concerned, then:

"According to the CFTC, a self-regulatory organization like CME Group 'must provide ‘immediate notification‘ when ‘a member has failed to segregate or has misused customers’ funds,' according to Harris."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...-mf-global-disclosure-goldman-sachs-says.html

#18     Nov 18, 2011
  9. rew

rew

Yes, what's really criminal about this country is what's legal.

#19     Nov 18, 2011
  10. jem

jem

the real issue is whether the rest of the industry has been leveraging customer funds as well.

If they have been, her warning about the industry will be memorable.

#20     Nov 18, 2011