The enlightened party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mav88, Jun 16, 2009.

1. this is michael moore style film-making ...

most liberals i know are very well informed, it's just that they mistrust and hate individuals and worship government

#21     Jun 17, 2009
  2. Mav88

Mav88

Liberals are only a subset of democrats, liberals are the intellectual elite of the democrats. Even among them though there is a lot of sophistry.

#22     Jun 17, 2009
  3. If Republicans were actually conservative (fiscally), then I think more Americans would support them.

Unfortunately, the Christian Right hijacked the Republican Party during the 1990s and received great support leading up to the Bush years.

We don't need guys like this calling Bush every week to advise on policy... Evangelical preacher and leader of of the National Association of Evangelicals, Tom Haggard who solicited prostitute Mike Jones for homosexual sex and methamphetamines through a course of several years:

[​IMG]

Some of the main issues in the 2004 election were abortion and gay marriage. Who the hell cares about gay marriage? There are so many more important topics than gay marriage. And yet the Republicans ran with this to satisfy the evangelicals. Without Karl Rove and his mastery, I don't think Bush would be elected. I even voted for Bush in 2000.... he seemed like a great guy... Texas, middle America. He was against big government and favored a US foreign policy that was against intervening in other country's affairs. Boy did he lie huh?

If more candidates like Ron Paul... libertarian Republicans come to the stage, then the Republican Party would have a brighter future. It would surely help attract the younger voters who overwhelmingly supported Obama. Support the Campaign for Liberty!

#23     Jun 17, 2009
  4. Deny, deny, deny.
    :D

#24     Jun 17, 2009
  5. Mav88

Mav88

If Republicans were actually conservative (fiscally), then I think more Americans would support them.

Unfortunately, the Christian Right hijacked the Republican Party during the 1990s and received great support leading up to the Bush years.

I agree. I think there would be a lot of support for actual fiscal conservatism coupled with social moderate to liberal.

#25     Jun 17, 2009
  6. Mav88 and Maverick74 are not the same person.

#26     Jun 17, 2009
  7. Cesko

Cesko

Landis, Landis, Landis!!
    :D :D

#27     Jun 17, 2009
  8. Cesko

Cesko

You forgot about top financial elites and big corporations. The name of the game is I'd rather pay more taxes than face competion from up-and-comers. Now I am set let's keep it this way forever.

#28     Jun 17, 2009
  9. Mvic

Mvic

This is nothing new, anyone who has lived in this country for any amount of time knows how naive and uninformed the average person is, especially when it comes to current affairs. What is surprising is that the GOP decided to field such inarticulate candidates who couldn't get out of their own way. One of the candidate's jobs is to win over the media who, while they may have a liberal bias, are basically a shallow superficial bunch with little conviction. Bush was able to win them over and so was Obama, in contrast Kerry was not, neither was McCain.

#29     Jun 17, 2009
  10. #30     Jun 17, 2009