The English Patient

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TonyOz, May 15, 2002.

1. TonyOz

TonyOz

Best movie of year back in (I don't really remember when). I'd like to know how many of you watched it. How many liked it, and how many didn't. Please tell us.

The point of this pole is nothing more than show that the best is not always the best ......

FWIW, I was dragged to the movie, and if I didn't have to be politically correct and sit through the entire thing, I would have walked out. Yet, it won the Oscar ... go figure ....

2. SUCH a chick flick. Right up there with "4 Weddings and a Funeral" or anything derived from Jane Austen

My movie recomendations, fwiw:

Boiler Room
    Vanilla Sky
    Fight Club
    Natural Born Killers
    True Romance
    The Jerk (my pick for the funniest movie of all time ... "You mean I'm going to stay this color? ..... She's no great piece of ass! ... Today I found out what my special purpose is for ... Next week I wil be able to send more money as my friend Patty offered me a bl*wjob ... )

3. Babak

Babak

Tony, what the $%#*?!?! I thought this was for trading talk?

ok before this thread is erased, I'll just point out that EVERY single woman that saw that movie just melted at one single scene.....when he is sitting in the bathtub mending her dress.
    Go figure.

4. TonyOz

TonyOz

This thread has a lot to do with trading. Just wait and see :)

Anyhow, going back to watch the hockey game. Got to love game 7 ;-)

5. 3dog

3dog

I admit I didn't see it. No big loss for me! :)

But since we're posting on ET, I've just got to mention that "Trading Places" with Eddie Murphy, Dan Akroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis is one of my all time favorites!! A Classic! A Must see!!

Great lines:

"You make no friends in the pits and you take no prisoners. One moment you're up half a mil in soybeans and the next, boom, your kids don't go to college and they've repossessed your Bentley."

"It seems to me that the best way to hurt rich people is by making them poor."

"Looking good, Billy Ray! Feeling good, Louis!"

6. Tony,

Please revise the poll. I did not see the movie. However "best" is discretionary. Therefore, I can not say that I have not seen the "Best" movie of the year, perhaps I have.

Mike

7. man, that movie was a drag. my all time favorites:

1. wall street----- got me interested in the market

2. billionaire boys club

3. trading places

4. the jerk--- funniest movie ever made

5. national lampoon's vacation

6. the matrix

7. omega man

surf:cool:

8. I think the point of this little survey is that often the winner of "best picture" isn't always the best movie, and the same probably applies to trading. Financial news only happens when there is 20/20 perfect hindsight. The stuff on the 30 minute news cycle on the financial news channels isn't always the best trading vehicle. It's like with cable and the networks there are 5-6 news broadcasts of "evening news", yet every one of them shows the exact same news, and usually in the same order with the exception of a few human interest stories.

9. Godfather I & II, combined. Forget #III.

10. Commisso

Commisso Guest

I prefer;

One upon a time in america!

#10     May 16, 2002