The End...When?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by saxon, Feb 23, 2006.

The End...When? (if ever)

1. 50 years

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. 100 years

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  3. 200 years

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. 1000+ years

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  1. saxon

saxon

As anyone who reads the news these days can easily detect...the world community seems to have learned precious little from the 'great' wars of the 20th century. Tens of millions killed--over the petty ambitions of a few slick salesmen--has not roused very many from the slumber of quasi-passive clanism.

We argue passionately minor partisan issues...like there will always be another tomorrow to argue some more. All the while, the immediate and inescapable threats to our very survival as a species are largely being ignored.

I will reprise (and paraphrase) a favorite quote form a young Mr. Lincoln:

"We, as a self-aware species, shall be the architects of our own fate. It shall be our destiny to live FOREVER...or die by suicide."

And to paraphrase Yogi Berra, "When it's over...it's OVER."

2. We shall live forever....The human mind will once again grow, and we will prevent our own destruction. Only when the end comes close shall our minds grow.

3. Advances in parallel reasoning and biotransplants, neuroscience breakthroughs, better drugs and cloning will ensure that there is human- like life for eons to come. The few survivors might have to start living in caves again. It is only a matter of time until some rogue nation starts lighting off nuclear weapons in major urban centers and starts up a eugenics/cloning operation. Imagine an entire nation of Kim Il Sungs and KingCobras! We currently engage in all kinds of odious behavior; it is not unreasonable to envision a world where couples choose highly desirable genetic traits for their offspring, children are born in medical factories, and human misery is eliminated through liberal propaganda programming and heavy doses of Soma. It is a Brave New World baby! Cheers!

4. Yes!

The difficulties we face will enable the mind to grow. The transformation will be brought about when enough of us become conscious of the truth about what love is, the power of love, and who we are as love. Enough of us will form a critical mass, causing rapid transference of consciousness throughout humanity.

Enemies are good for making discoveries about love, and who we are. When we allow enemies to teach us that we are love, knowing this, we will gain command. With command, we will win. When love is commander in chief, we will win. Love will win the ugliest war.

Wars generally propel a race for technology. On the precipice of destruction, we will discover the highest technology which is the highest intelligence in the universe: Love. Love will cause immortality using the very same technological processes used to win the war that led to the discovery of love.

Then love will cause our hearts to beat forever. Love will cause blood to flow in our veins forever, and cause our cells to work properly with proteins. Love will spark our thoughts. Love will spark energy around us. Love will spark all that we magnetize. These are not metaphors. We will live forever.

In exchange for the priceless discoveries made about love, we should consider forgiving our enemies, not necessarily in that order..."with malice toward none". Then we should forgive ourselves for asking pain to teach us about love. Let the dead reincarnate into a new world...if they so choose. That's the best gift we can give them. Till then let the dead bury their dead, and let us follow life and the living.

JohnnyK

5. Darwinism or evolution usually solves these problems. The one on this forum just slipped through the cracks. It happens, from a genetic standpoint. Similar to albinos.

6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

50 years!

id say thats optimistic if america carries on its current bent.

USA! USA!! USA!!!

7. the day will come when a rich man will be able to have his brain transplanted out of his age-ing skull and into a younger clone version of himself, with desired modifications. Thus bringing the term "cycle of life" new meaning.

8. the end will come on average at 78 years old if you live in america.

9. Another phrase from Yogi Berra: "The Future ain't what it used to be."

Think about that one for awhile.....Yogi is on the money.

Daily we see another chip falling out from our foundation.

A old fella, a WW11 veteran said to me: It is a dam shame to see what has happened to this country and others around the world after all the soldiers and common citizens from around the world fought and died for. He said the reason there was such a patriotic willingness to fight and die was because the soldiers etc had a wonderful world to live in 60 some years ago.

Why die for your country today?

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sax,

I leave you with the closing dialogue of "Terminator 3-The Rise of the Machines."

"By the time Skynet became self-aware it had spread into millions of computer servers across the planet. Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms; everywhere. It was software; in cyberspace. There was no system core; it could not be shutdown. The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day, the day the human race was almost destroyed by the weapons they'd built to protect themselves. I should have realized it was never our destiny to stop Judgment Day, it was merely to survive it, together. The Terminator knew; he tried to tell us, but I didn't want to hear it. Maybe the future has been written. I don't know; all I know is what the Terminator taught me; never stop fighting. And I never will. The battle has just begun."

#10     Feb 23, 2006