the END OF THE INTERNET as we know it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by chewbacca, Jun 4, 2008.

1. You would be surprised by who plays video games.

:D

#11     Jun 5, 2008
  2. Is this thread suposto be a joke?

#12     Jun 5, 2008
  3. cknucks

cknucks

All I noticed was the cleave! I should prolly go back and actually listen to what she was saying.

#13     Jun 5, 2008
  4. no shit

#14     Jun 5, 2008
  5. The only solution is to vote for Obama.

"Our free market was never meant to be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it," Obama said, speaking in downtown Manhattan. "Unfortunately, instead of establishing a 21st century regulatory framework, we simply dismantled the old one - aided by a legal but corrupt bargain in which campaign money all too often shaped policy and watered down oversight. In doing so, we encouraged a winner take all, anything goes environment that helped foster devastating dislocations in our economy."

"The core of our economic success is the fundamental truth that each American does better when all Americans do better; that the well being of American business, its capital markets, and the American people are aligned," Obama said. "I think all of us here today would acknowledge that we've lost that sense of shared prosperity."

"This loss has not happened by accident," he said, continuing. "It's because of decisions made in boardrooms, on trading floors and in Washington. Under Republican and Democratic Administrations, we failed to guard against practices that all too often rewarded financial manipulation instead of productivity and sound business practices. We let the special interests put their thumbs on the economic scales. The result has been a distorted market that creates bubbles instead of steady, sustainable growth; a market that favors Wall Street over Main Street, but ends up hurting both."

#15     Jun 5, 2008
  6. Sulu268

Sulu268

I'd expect nothing less from the media & entertainment elites who want to control information to the masses. Interesting Google article...

#16     Jun 5, 2008
  7. I am with you on this one

#17     Jun 5, 2008
  8. I think this is B.S., never gonna happen. Do you know how many businesses rely on the internet today ? They won't allow this to happen! If it had a chance to become a reality it would have happened right at the start of the internet when the number of sites was limited.

#18     Jun 5, 2008
  9. GTS

GTS

Yea, its a great way to get you to click on the video which seemed to be the only point of her being there.

As to the premise, sorry but I just don't see it. The value of the internet is the sum of it - if you can only access search engines but you do not have access to actually go to the sites that you find in your search results then who would even bother doing searches?

#19     Jun 5, 2008
  10. Joab

Joab

All good things must end and it was only a matter of time before corporations figured out a way to milk the cow.

The net has been driving the US economy for the last 5 years and what these companies propose would throw the country into bankruptcy.

#20     Jun 5, 2008