The End of (the catholic) Church

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Um, I'm a Catholic. Well, until they run me out, anyway.
    And it doesn't sound like a war on religion because it isn't. Just following the First Amendment, regardless of what these loons think.

#31     Feb 21, 2012
  2. Hmmm, rational AND Catholic? You're forcing me to rethink my stereotypes. :) Can't I just make blanket statements? It's so much simpler.

#32     Feb 22, 2012
  3. What do you think of trefoil's response just below yours ? I don't know if he has liberal or conservative views but his view on this issue makes a lot of sense.

#33     Feb 22, 2012
  4. jem

jem

Its ridiculous. It completely distorts the facts. The Church is not dictating actions to anyone.

The Church is not telling its employees what to do.
    It does not wish to provide abortifacients as part of its compensation plan. If an employee wants to get abortifacients elsewhere... he or she may. you just do not get baby killing drugs from the Church.

The big brother govt is coming in and telling the Church it must provide baby killing drugs.

its Communist and barbaric all at once.

#34     Feb 22, 2012
  5. No, the Chruch does not have to provide it.

And, btw, why do we capitalize church when we speak of the Catholics. Do you perceive their power just by the way we speak of Them?:D

Obama has said the Church does not have to pay, but the woman does have the right to choose. That is fair.

#35     Feb 22, 2012
  6. if contraception is abortion and if biblegod exists that makes god the biggest abortionist in the world since he set up a system where 50% of all fertilized eggs die.
    i am sure that goes over your head because logical thinking is not your strongest asset.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001488.htm
    It is estimated that up to half of all fertilized eggs die and are lost (aborted) spontaneously, usually before the woman knows she is pregnant. Among those women who know they are pregnant, the miscarriage rate is about 15-20%. Most miscarriages occur during the first 7 weeks of pregnancy. The rate of miscarriage drops after the baby's heart beat is detected.

#36     Feb 22, 2012
  7. jem

jem

]

You are really grasping at thing air.
    Tell you what... when you become God or Nature... feel free to do what you want.

#37     Feb 22, 2012
  8. jem

jem

its not about the money... is about not being forced to provide drugs which take the life of innocent humans. And yes the Churche's insurance is being force to provide it.

And this is just the beginning Govt controlling your lives through Obama care.

You want executive orders - not even law... telling you to take part in the killing of human life.

First its the Catholic Church and then it will be something you care about. And old relative a young relative.

Soon the good medical care an medicine will be rationed out to party members and cronies.

The price of liberty is vigilence.

#38     Feb 22, 2012
  9. i knew it would go over your head but the point is that its rather silly of the catholics to worship sperm when your god doesnt seem to care that much about dead sperm cells.

#39     Feb 22, 2012
  10. jem

jem

I know you know this and a just being a troll.

By faith, many believe God is all knowing. If someone dies before birth presumably it is a just, loving, merciful and correct outcome based on God's plan.

I see that as significantly different from Obama's plan.... but you apparently don't. I say its because you are a troll.

#40     Feb 22, 2012