The End of the American Dream

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 2cents, Sep 5, 2006.

1. Well, really the American Dream was a <i>middle class</i> ideal that became a cultural norm after the 1950s. That's what these article writers are referrencing. Of course, wealth demographics are never stagnant and globalization will further erode the middle class dominance that has been the norm in America for decades, which is fine. It's just the middle class has grown so comfortable that it is beginning to spark little backlashes against the inevitable. If the trend becomes too pronounced too quickly, the discontent will not have pleasant consequences politically.

#21     Sep 16, 2006
  2. Absolutely untrue!

Its a matter of AMBITION. It takes hard work, not rocket science.

Case in point: I went to school with an Iranian immigrant who was very well off. Where did the money come from? His ILLITERATE father worked his ass off at Jack in the Box, and eventually bought one. Then another and another and so on. He worked for it, and took a risk.

#22     Sep 16, 2006
  3. toc

toc

Trust me, the positive force into the US Economy will be renewed once Bush and his morons have left the administration for good. Clinton had picked a decent momentum but Bush not only stalled it but also put it into somewhat reverse with his economic and military policies.

#23     Sep 16, 2006
  4. Atheism= God(FinalVersion)

#24     Sep 17, 2006