The end of tax heavens

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Bob111, Jul 25, 2009.

1. 6. Those who read Animal Farm
    7. Those who read 1984
    8. Those who know the Fed is ripping the USA off with an agenda etc.

But I heartily agree that as a whole the nation will gladly put their head into the noose.

#11     Jul 26, 2009
  2. in fact I have done a lot of study on this. And what I said is very accurate for someone who pays their taxes.

Tax evaders, money launderers or similars deserve no mercy or pity

There is no sorrow in seeing tax havens lose their cash cows at the expense of other countries.

People who offshore their money for asset protection purposes now and in the future will still have ways to do it.

Which part was uninformed? This is entirely correct, legal and moral.

#12     Jul 26, 2009
  3. If you perhaps read more than one sentence of my posts, you would realize that is not what I said.

#13     Jul 26, 2009
  4. This time, try reading what you quoted "As for offshore money, I feel zero pity for people who did so as tax evaders. "

#14     Jul 26, 2009
  5. gkishot

gkishot

I just don't know how keeping money in offshore bank account makes someone a tax evader. Give me an example.

#15     Jul 26, 2009
  6. You are a fucking idiot.
    Once a bird-brain, always a bird-brain.

#16     Jul 26, 2009
  7. This is true, Ted Kennedy has repeatedly benefited from an intricate web of trusts and private foundations that have shielded most of his family's fortune from the IRS. One Kennedy family trust wasn't even set up in the U.S., but in Fiji.

Another family member, environmentalist Robert Kennedy Jr., has said that it is not moral to profit from natural resources. But he receives an annual check from the family's large holdings in the oil industry.

Barbra Streisand has talked about the necessity of unions to protect a "living wage." But she prefers to do her filming and postproduction work in Canada, where she can pay less than American union wages.

Bill and Hillary Clinton have spoken in favor of the estate tax, and in 2000 Bill vetoed a bill seeking to end it. But the Clintons have set up a contract trust that allows them to substantially reduce the amount of inheritance tax their estate will pay when they die.

Billionaire Bush-basher George Soros says the wealthy should pay higher, more progressive tax rates. But he holds the bulk of his money in tax-free overseas accounts in Curacao, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.

What the US should do is the opposite, the us should become a tax haven.

#17     Jul 26, 2009
  8. These days it seems the "tax obligation" is largely decided by people that only benefit from other peoples' taxes paid.

That's one of the fundamental problems with democracy I think. The 90% that are chronic underachievers get to decide how to extort the remaining 10%, and allocate the extortion proceeds as they see fit.

I'm sort of happy that some productive elements have said "enough is enough," and moved some of their wealth out of reach of all these entitlement fuckheads who deserve all kinds of free benefits simply for existing, or want to flush money down the toilet in Iraq, or give hundreds of billions of dollars to SocGen and Deutsche, or make my healthcare suck, etc etc. (please note that I'll likely change my position racidally should I become needy, a bank employee, or lose and be unable to replace my healthcare coveage :) )

In principle I actually think it's healthy, to some extent: if the regime becomes too oppressive to those who achieve, the achievers just pack their stuff and go somewhere less oppressive. Knowing this, the regime should aim to retain its productive elements, not drive them away by penalizing success...

No need to type up all the competing theories. I've heard most of them, and agree that many do have some merit (just not enough to totally overcome my own opinion).

#18     Jul 26, 2009
    #19     Jul 26, 2009
  10. Humpy

Humpy

A quick fix and "final solution" to this problem is for the US to say that after 1st june 2010 the tax havens can keep ALL their US tax depositors money !!

There might well be a rush of blood to the US collective conscience and a flood of money back to the USA where it belongs

:D

#20     Jul 27, 2009