The end of cheap money is nearing, Uh-Oh, now what?????

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Apr 8, 2011.

1. piezoe

piezoe

There will not be deflation. Only less inflation or more inflation. Assuming we are talking about the overall economy and not a particular sector.

#21     Apr 10, 2011
  2. not sure what you are basing it on, but if its rising prices you are dead wrong. if the fed raised interest rates tomorrow to 1% silver would instantly drop $20. everything would gap limit down for a week.

#22     Apr 11, 2011

3. . . . :D

#23     Apr 13, 2011
  4. MGJ

MGJ

Step 1: Predict the end of cheap money
    Step 2: Establish a short position in bonds
    Step 3: Be right
    Step 4: Profit

#24     Apr 13, 2011
  5. I completely agree! Everyone seems to believe that the economy is turning around but nobody actually understands either what happened in 2008 or what is happening now.

I read an article the other day that said when a great power begins to spend more on the interest from its national debt than on its defence, things go to the toilet. It happened to Rome and it happened to Babylon. Nobody, including me, wants to face it but the US is getting pretty close to that turning point.

#25     Apr 13, 2011
  6. What if things were slightly different:

What if we were spending our debt on money... instead of spending our money on debt.... When you filp those words around you should immediately so that money is debt. As long as money is debt.. well, money will be around...

Might want to read Warren Mosler, Bernard Lietaer, Charles Hugh Smith for a journey to the other side.

#26     Apr 13, 2011