The End of an Era: X_TRADER®’s Final Sunset

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TT News, Sep 6, 2018.

1. TT News

TT News

Hi Bernard,

These features are on the product roadmap, but we don't have an ETA yet for delivery of market data alerts. You might want to consider using push notifications on TT Mobile for the trading-related alerts. For more information on that feature, please see:
    https://library.tradingtechnologies.com/mobile-ios/ios-mgmt-alerts.html

#11     Sep 14, 2018
  2. They

They

Thanks for the response.

I'm looking for the Price Diff Std Dev Bands and the Tick Offsets to get migrated over to TT.
    See below....

To calculate the standard deviation value to place the upper and lower channel lines use the following formula:

[​IMG]

Middle Band = Pvwap

Upper Band = Middle Band + (x) Standard Deviation

Lower Band = Middle Band - (x) Standard Deviation

Note: For the VWAP standard deviation calculation, X represents the VWAP value calculated at each bar and x is the average of the VWAP since the session start. The standard deviation will be zero on the first bar of each session since ( xi - x ) will be zero and N is one.

Additional Bands:

• Price Diff Std Dev: A band calculation type that takes the maximum distance between the VWAP and the High or Low of each bar to use in the standard deviation calculation listed above.
    Example: If the VWAP was 102 and the high and low are 104 and 101 respectively, then the max price difference of 2 would be the xi value. X-bar would be the average of these differences for all bars in this session.

• Tick Offset: A band calculation type that adds and subtracts the number of ticks specified from the VWAP. This is similar to a moving average envelope.
    Example
    [​IMG]

#12     Sep 14, 2018
  3. TT News

TT News

Hi They,

Happy to help. We don't have a firm date for this feature yet. Suggest you check back early next year for a delivery date.

#13     Sep 17, 2018
  4. Lol, next year just to get a date? For a simple indicator that takes an experienced developer 30 minutes to implement and another 1 hours to unit test? Ouch. Why not just saying that it's not on your agenda. Doesn't that make much more sense? If such item takes so long how long would it take to get major issues fixed that relate to execution or position management?

#14     Sep 20, 2018
  5. @GRULSTMRNN: I agree with you perspective on std dev bands over VWAP. They know how X_Study calculates it; it would not be so time-consuming replicating the same logic in TT.

Would you suggest a trader to use MDTrader and check a sound alert on a smartphone for data alerts?!!

My mate reading your post actually wrote me:
    "yup seems odd they making basic errors
    big company now and still seems amateur"

Anyway the most promising topic is the ADL development and especially that Analytics block, hopefully available soon.

#15     Oct 12, 2018
    GRULSTMRNN likes this.
  6. Any update about that feature (Price Diff Std Dev Bands and the Tick Offsets to get migrated over to TT) applied to the VWAP?

We are quite into the 2019 right now.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    #16     Jul 16, 2019
    They and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  7. Also today TT users are dreaming about getting back their old X_Trader: "We are investigating ra problem that is preventing users from loading their workspaces".

#17     Jul 16, 2019
    T-Mex likes this.
  8. That's the issue with TT I have been mentioning for a long time. Lots of bold and big promises but hardly any deliverables. Lots of big talk but very little in terms of listening to customer requests and implementing changes customers want.

I see zero reason for X-Trader in the age of algorithms. You won't get any superior fills over any other modern platform such as interactive Brokers TWS

Always be wary with American brokers whether you deal with the typical overpromising and underdelivering American firms or with firms that take a different approach to marketing and product development.

#18     Jul 16, 2019
    Bernard111 likes this.
  9. We are one year later, not only 2019 but right after one year...
    Meanwhile you are planning to distribute TT also to Goldman Sachs:
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/thre...lobal-distribution-of-the-tt-platform.335855/

Will those traders get decent VWAP with SD bands and a fixed and improved Alert Manager?:rolleyes:

#19     Oct 7, 2019
  10. Hello @Bernard111. STD bands on VWAP is close to complete and will be released by EOY. May I ask what kind of alert you're looking for in Alert Manager and have you attempted to construct that alert in ADL?
    Thank you-

#20     Oct 7, 2019