The End of America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARealGannTrader, May 19, 2009.

1. What is so scary is the fact that the rug is being pulled from under ordinary citizen's feet while they are cheering the one who is pulling it!

#11     May 19, 2009
  2. Yes, it is your typical dem trying to bash Bush's response to 9/11 to further their own career. Nothing more.

#12     May 19, 2009
  3. I think it goes beyond 9-11. She had a friend who was a holocaust survivor who sparked her investigation on how " all "Americans are slowly losing their freedoms. It is worth listening to at least whether you agree or not.

#13     May 19, 2009
  4. Bill Clinton authorized the overseas "extraordinary" rendition program which she was highly critical of in this movie. Wake up and stop distracting yourself with Republicans vs Democrats. Both are the problem and this distraction is what keeps eroding our Constitution.

#14     May 19, 2009
  5. Thank you for an outstanding thread. The video is remarkable and very much worth watching in its entirety.

The recounting of the 10 essential steps to closing an open society read like a recipe for dictatorial regimes, and the documented parallels drawn between and among Bush, Hitler, Stalin and a few others are indisputable. This was some really scary stuff, and the people who minimize its import are exactly the kind of people who enabled the the dictators of the past to take root.

As it happens, I just recently finished reading a biography about George Soros, which ended with his distaste for Bush and his likening of the Bush administration to that of Hitler's Nazi Germany. Soros dedicated his philanthropic life to opening closed societies and saw the growing parallels between what Bush was doing and what Soros had lived through in his early life.

#15     May 19, 2009
  6. Yawn. George Soros. Yawn. Why does this not surprise me?

#16     May 19, 2009
    #17     May 19, 2009
  8. Hey Genius, haven't I been all over Obama for mis-use of power. Now I am apparently totally ignoring the situation. More great logic from thundermutt.

#18     May 19, 2009
  9. Obama's conduct is the antithesis of Bush's conduct insofar as open vs. closed societies are concerned. The America that you had known before Bush was at considerable risk in Bush's hands. Please watch the video and tell me where you find fault with it.

#19     May 19, 2009

10. Hahahahaha. Just today all the car ompanies went along with Obama MPG standards. I wonder why. I am sure Obama didn't pressure them or threaten to shut them down or fire the guys in charge or anything of that nature. That certainly does not represent an abuse of power. Look what he did to Chrysler debt holders.

Obama has undergone an unprecedented powergrab. He is also pinning one group of citizens against another.

#20     May 19, 2009