The end is near: Why only in America?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, May 17, 2007.

1. Maybe it is hard to get ahold of old, dirty, smelly, ragged out clothes
    when you are used to wearing brand new clothes.

#31     May 25, 2007
  2. =============

Alpine Trout;
    Maybe they were ''newbe'' in the pro panhandling business:cool: :D

#32     May 25, 2007
  3. Somebody was teased by the muslims in gradeschool!

Damn man, do you realize that most other countries aren't muslim nations and that most muslim nations don't act like insane-asylums like you describe? They're actually much safer than the US.

Have you been to Detroit? Baltimore? the Panhandle in Florida? There's a lot worse shit that happens than in most Muslim countries and more frequently you can be sure.

Your choices ain't Boise or Baghdad or even Lebanon or Louisiana(I'd take Lebanon)...you sound like a really dense individual.

:D :D

#33     May 25, 2007
  4. Looks like another ex-quant is trying to break into the Panhandling business.

#34     May 25, 2007
  5. I remember an article about 15 years back when they (reporters) followed some corner bums. the realization was the average windshield washing corner sign bum was making abut 30K per year begging.

SO if the IRS decided to grab their cut, perhaps... Jst perhaps, the end is near. LOL.

#35     May 25, 2007
  6. =============
    Agree,SiSe;
    now see this.

True most muslim natioms don't act like insane -asylums!!!!
    But in the Florida panhandle, panhandlers may shout repent to infidels. Yes i have been to Florida panhandle

Most so called'' fundamentalist '' fanatics muslims would kill an infidel [unbeliever].

Thank God only about 100 million of the 1 billion fundamentalist fanatics actually believe in killing infidels
    .So even the 10% are still a big threat, much bigger threat than panhandlers in FLA panhandle.
    :cool:

#36     May 26, 2007
  7. They're are not homeless, they're outdoorsmen.

#37     May 26, 2007
  8. murray, your point is taken and I was over-exaggerating perhaps due to the ridiculous nature of the post I was responding to.

Anyone with any semblance of historical knowledge should realize that while we have become entangled in the middle east, mostly due to our own actions, they(middle eastern people) have been living in violent societies for a long time. Many middle eastern countries were formed out of the breaking up of the Ottoman empire LESS than a century ago...before that you had a number of warring clans living near each other.

We live in a different world than them, but we also created the means by which they do, and have done, what they do. Look at indigenous tribes in S. America or New Guinea, they are as violent or more violent at times than muslim militants...do you see them attacking us? Me either...it's because a)they don't have the resources and b)they have quite a bit less reasoning to than middle easterners.

We've never really been saints in the Middle East and supporting Saddam, arming Afghanistanis, stadnoffs with Iran, etc. etc. is not really the way to treat a violent ally/enemy...they don't respond well. Oh yeah, and add in the fact that we've armed different groups of them, paid them, given them free reign, etc.

The point is that there isn't much of a difference between blaming a school shooting on our violent society(film, music, tv, etc.) and realizing that our middle eastern affairs and support of terrorism in the middle east over the last 100 years will lead crazy people to do crazy things.

Remember Jim Jones? David Koresh? Timothy McVeigh? The middle east is filled with people who do have a number of reasons to hate our country...their history and the way that they have traditionally settled grudges has only been helped by the weapons we've enabled them to buy. There would be no surprise in realizing that it's probably the American heroin junkies who end up getting money to Aghani warlords to buy weapons...the Taliban was more effective in destroying the opium fields than we are.

#38     May 27, 2007
  9. A. They chose to be in that position. Is it b/c of lack of education. Lack of motivation. Lack of dopamine or serotonin in the brain do to recreative drugs such as LSD or even better heroin/cocaine...

B. half of them dont mind being bums...otherwise they would try to do something about it....I seen a guy in NYC try to offer a job to a lady who was obviously homeless, asking for money and what not.....she refused prefusely....i mean she almost knocked him out....i know she pushed him.

C.Survival of the fittest.......what is the next thing you are going to say....give human rights to the fish?

I can keep on going...and then everyone will complain when we have billions of people to fead just like them......I CHOOSE POPULATION CONTROL....

#39     May 27, 2007
  10. Wow, you guys are tough. Glad I didnt know any of you when I was sleeping on the street.

You might have destroyed my spirit.
    ** Still Human ** and Still helping others **

#40     May 27, 2007