The end is near: Why only in America?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by crgarcia, May 17, 2007.

1. traderdragon: 90% of the USA is religious vs EU countries? In what sense? Your post is abstract. Are we atheists to you?

andrasnm: I would love to see the end of USA's "moral authority", "money lending" and the such as i think we will all sleep better at night. About manufacturing and the democracy - that is purely your own business, and it does not concern anybody else.

#11     May 20, 2007
  2. asap

asap

the question is how the hell the world's richest country has so many homeless and abandoned people as % of the population?

#12     May 20, 2007
  3. Maybe they are infected with some kind of a Christian West Nile virus...:p

BTW... This thread belongs in chit chat, not psychology. Duh.

#13     May 20, 2007
  4. Dont worry. There are three Volkswagons for under $17,000. All is well in the world.

#14     May 20, 2007
  5. ====================

CR-garcia;
    You noticed something on that pattern, i didn't;
    until i got to Sunday School yesterday, The teacher was mentioning false prophets & false teachers.

Typical in trading, predictors make false profits, or few profits;
    date setters /predictors usually[not always] turn out to be false teachers.If one really could predict ,stops would be useless.LOL

And while the Hebrew true prophets did ''lift up thy voice like a trumpet & show my people Jacob their sin ;
    Solomon was a ''repenter'' but said ''a soft answer turns away wrath'':cool:

CR -Garcia, you may have seen in tek analysis, a Parabolic stop & reverse;
    similar to repenting, that is stop & reverse:cool:

#15     May 21, 2007
  6. interesting thread. its my contention thats its a side result of the judeo-christian heritage and view of history. the same underpinnings that propelled the west forward techologically implant "the end is near" meme in many in a negative way.

here you go "profits of doom"
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OpK2rVgJG2o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OpK2rVgJG2o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

surf

:D

#16     May 21, 2007
  7. Allaces

Allaces

The Mayan calender ends December 21st 2012..

I haven't seen a Mayan in a 1000 years..

They sure shot their load early on that one

#17     May 21, 2007

8. terrence mckenna in his "timewave zero" software puts a hightech spin on the mayan calender theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_theory

i find this exceedingly interesting.

surf

#18     May 21, 2007
  9. I live in USA and worked in the country, suburbs and city many years and never saw this. You are just babbling. \

And is this worse than in countries that hold signs like "Death to America ( or insert other locale ) ?

And speaking of "repent" do you think this is worse than that that nice video, where 1000 Iraqis (Kurdish, not Sunni or Shia) waited for a young woman who returned to her village, and then stoned her for her interest in a man (who happened to be a different muslim denomination) ??

And did you know that muslims who try to leave the faith are subject to capital punishment even in MODERATE muslim circles? in other words, you repent, you die

People like you have no clue as to the realities of the world.

I think I will stay here, thanks

#19     May 21, 2007

10. no, i have seen these guys. they do exist and most every city has one or more.

surf

#20     May 21, 2007