The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by brad1970, Nov 5, 2002.

1. brad1970

brad1970

Anyone ever hear of this book and know if its any good and worth buying??

Authors:
    Jeffrey Owen Katz, Donna L. McCormick

Book Description
    The Encyclopedia of Trading Strategies is for traders who want to take the next step to consistently profitable trading. The authors--themselves seasoned veterans of the futures trading arena--pinpoint the trading methods and strategies that have been shown to produce market-beating returns. Their rigorous and systematic backtesting of each method, using the same sets of markets and analytic techniques, provides a scientific, system-based approach to system development...to help you assemble the trading system that will put you on the road to becoming a more consistently profitable trader.

Book Info
    Provides futures and options traders hundreds of innovative ways to take profits out of the market and gain an edge in every trade. DLC: Commodity futures.

From the Back Cover
    "The authors extract some sobering trading edicts the good old-fashioned way--analysis by the scientific method. Here we see the fruits of detailed and methodical research, both the long and short of it.... These results will certainly affect my own trading designs!" --Mark Jurik Editor, Computerized Trading

"If you're the type of trader who wants to build his or her own systems, this book is for you!" --Murray Ruggiero, Jr. Contribuitng Editor, Futures magazine

"I have known Jeff Katz for years. He has worked on a number of my projects, always exhibiting a high degree of professionalism, attention to detail, and thoroughness. The same craftsmanship is apparent throughout this book." --Robert Pardo President, Pardo Capital Limited

2. you can buy mine cheap as i didn't care for it.

it's been a couple of years since i read it so i wouldn't want to get specific as to the reasons so i don't mis-state anything. all i know is it's sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust right next to the fontanillis books (which are being mentioned in a different thread right now).

3. nusrat

nusrat

Amazon is selling it for $33 used, $42 new.
    How much would you like?

4. sempai

sempai

It's ok if you want explanations of what the various indicators are and how they're calculated, but all that backtesting and stuff they did was junk.

Once in a while, I want to look something up and wish I didn't throw it away (with about a hundred other books on trading), but I wouldn't buy another copy.

..Oh, wait a minute, I think that might have been "The Encyclopedia of Technical Indicators" that I used to have. Sorry about that. Not sure about the one you're asking about.

5. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

Well, with 2 people trying to sell it, it means it's worthless?