The employment report not a big deal

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stock_trad3r, May 2, 2008.

1. http://biz.yahoo.com/c/terms/emp.html

If the numbers are 'bad' the spooz may open lower by around 6-8 points, but within 1-2 hours it will begin to move higher and all loses will be regained and the market will end the day green. Any dip will be a buying opportunity.

These numbers just aren't that big of a deal. There isn't much difference between 5.1 5.2 5.3 percent unemployemnt. A decline or rise in non-farm payrolls isn't that improtant either. Consumers are still spending, economy still growing, companies are reporting solid growth from overseas markets, and market is rising. Millions of people using credit cards, using google, buying ipods and blackberies, teens logging into myspace and facebook. There is also a silicon valley web 2.0 boom.

2. wow, I read the start of the thread, and guess what???? I was right....Keep on drinking that KUDLAID...you and he seem to be patriots...Are they both (stock and day) answering their own threads?

3. Relleum

Relleum

I'm hoping for slightly bad numbers. S&P will dip a hair below 1400, and I will load up on some YM or ES futures.

Then, it is off to the races.

--Relleum

4. yes new bull market sell puts and buy calls! You have FAILED to show ME any ANECDOTAL evidence we are in a new bull market....PROVE it day or stock! show me any 2 quarters of equity ourperformance beyond the mean for the last 2 1/2 years. I can distort numbers WAY better than you!

5. Employment report not a big deal...We already know the economy is in the beginning stages of a long, hard, (no stock_trad3r... I am not describing what you love to suck..so wipe that drool of your keyboard) recession. The stock market is holding on to the belief that the FED will save them.. Lets see....Uncle Ben your move.. Bond traders are waiting.....

May 2 (Bloomberg) -- Bank of America Corp., the second- biggest U.S. bank, said it may not guarantee $38.1 billion of Countrywide Financial Corp.'s debt after taking over the mortgage lender, fueling speculation that Countrywide's bondholders face renewed risk of default. `If bondholders get stiffed by Bank of America, it will scare the hell out of everyone,'' Whalen said. ``This is called thinking the unthinkable.''
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?...Dl7c&refer=home

6. w3rd!