The Elite Trader of Yore

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Pabst, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Bob are you an AARP member?
    Just kidding............some "kid" before asked if I knew Bud Foxx?
    I envy you. I am working on a wireless situation so I can be on the boat.

#51     Apr 10, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yea, yea....both of us are members.......keep quiet you young wipper snapper:D :D

We are at a dock, so DSL or T1 is not a problem.
    We are searching for a wireless situation too as we both love to travel. Starband is very expensive and not good for trading.:(

#52     Apr 10, 2003
  3. vinigar

vinigar

WDGann,
    Got to agree with you bud...one minute we are talking about trading and the next minute we are off in smuck vile...you can't keep things on topic ...like you say...I never have any problems with newbies...just the piranha or character assassins in here....I wish they would spend more time at Dear Abby or maybe the Jerry Springer show...I find it much better to talk to someone off the boards.

#53     Apr 10, 2003
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Only one way to deal with junk mail is to put it in the garbage unopened.:)
    Exercise that ignore button and do not respond to anything you think is objectionable.
    Free choice:D

#54     Apr 10, 2003
  5. I personally come here because it is a placed filled with interesting and intelligent people. There are probably a lot of people who come here looking for honest advice on trading. Personally, I don't think anyone who is mega-profitable with trading would post a lot here (but there are exceptions). Secondly, anyone who does have a winning system is certainly not going to give away his or her secrets to a mass audience.

EliteTrader is a great place to chit-chat with other people who are in the same boat (trading, learning to trade, losing, winning, etc).

Personally I just moved and I went into trading with too much cockiness and ego. So now I am just observing the market and saving up money and the next time around I'll start with a ton more of respect for what the market can do.

I can honestly say that I learned one invaluable thing. If you trade, you need some sort of system at first. If you trade haphazardly, you may win in the beginning but eventually you'll wind up losing because there is no consistency in your method.

I'll start trading again sometime soon -- after I get a little more mature.

#55     Apr 10, 2003
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I have met a wonderful bunch of people here.
    It is my home away from home.
    Where I go to chat when me or the market is not in trading form.
    I also write to a number of people all day off the forums on email.
    Get a lot of advice.
    Give a lot of advice.
    Some are pen pals, some are trading buddies.
    Learned more here than I did in 2+ years of trading by my lonesome.:) :)

#56     Apr 10, 2003
  7. Its a great place to learn that you're not the only one that loses money in the markets!

#57     Apr 10, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

You can say that again Aphie:D :mad:

#58     Apr 10, 2003
  9. Win

Win

Interesting thread.

I posted here years ago. I drift back in an idle moment maybe once a year.

I guess it all depends on your point of view as to who the "old guys" are. LOL.

Yeah, I don't want to speak for Tony Oz, but yeah way back then there was a spat and it just wasn't worth it to those involved. Interesting, and not surprising to anyone who knows Tony, but the spat involved a VERY technical and arcane issue about trade / exchange rules. Tony was right.

Way back when, Tony was just another good trader. Who just happened to take a trading break, write a book, and make himself famous.

Alan Farley was posting here before his book came out.

The fact is, there were a large number of excellent traders, many of whom still stay in touch in various ways, or run into each other in other web locations.

Of course, back then, the web was young, and there were VERY few decent trading sites / boards. Now, gazillions.

Boards do seem to have an evolution, an ebb and flow as folks drift in and out.

But in the end, they are only as good as the folks who haunt it. If you want a good board ... be good yourself, and attract other like-minded folks.

And avoid spats.

regards (from and Old Guy)

#59     Apr 10, 2003
  10. I miss the Old Trader. He had that rarest of qualities, insight. His analysis of the trading day was like having Bill Walsh over to watch Monday night football with you.

But the great loss for us all was when the guy who truly put it on the line every day departed. The guy who put up 40 large every month real time. I speak, of course, of our departed friend, mentor and inspiration, Seanote. Will he ever come back? Alas, probably not. But it was great while it lasted. And it's available in the archives for newbies. Seanote, we miss you man.

#60     Apr 10, 2003