The Elite Trader of Yore

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Pabst, Apr 3, 2003.

1. vinigar

vinigar

BobCathy1,
    Keep watching those weather reports....they will tell you when the storm is headed for that boat of yours...similar thing with the market don't you think?

I miss some of the ole guys that used to post here...kinda like trading... some make it ....some get washed out.

Likewise, if you keep an eye on the weather...you will know what to do with that boat of yours...moreover, if you keep your ear on the rail of the markets ...you will know when what to do as regards your trading...finally, if you keep an eye on the posts in Elite Trader...you will know when there are good people around
    (such as yourself) to talk to.

I have seen the ebb and flow here of good people and just plain ole jerks come and go....right now I'd say we were in an uptrend...but the sellers sure know how to ruin a good uptrend.

#21     Apr 4, 2003
  2. Andre

Andre

In fact, is the connection between us so tenuous, so anonymous that if one of us perished from the earth let alone from this arena we call trading would anyone on this board know or care?

I don't think it's all that tenuous. I've met many people from the online realm face to face. There is the chance you can be duped. But I've got online pals that I've never met in real life, and we offer each other compassion, empathy... sharing our joys and sorrows. Yep, if I didn't see them pop up occasionally in my IM list, even if I hadn't talked to them in months, I'd worry.

As for the yahoos who screw things up? Alas, the jerks we will always have with us. The most important thing to remember is to simply not respond. Cripes, last week or so, I made that mistake... even though I've worked in online community for 10 years, with AOL, Lycos and Innerworth.

Try, try to resist the temptation to respond to an obvious troll. Once you've recognized they are what they are, if you ignore them, it really does take away all their incentive to post.

André

#22     Apr 4, 2003
  3. rs7

rs7

You can't be serious bung.....compared to the real extremists, you are smack dab in the middle of the road.

Rs7

#23     Apr 4, 2003
  4. Hit Vegas on Wednesday - still no PC or internet though. Am typing this lying horizontal in a strong wireless field with a CAT5 wound around one of my tooth fillings.

#24     Apr 4, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Reminds me of an old quote.
    Keep your nose to the grindstone,
    Your shoulder to the wheel.
    And you are in a good position
    To get kicked in the ass....:D

#25     Apr 4, 2003
  6. Hey thanks, Rs7...:D I'm getting tired of the fanatics, I guess, and sometimes I feel like one myself. What is it they say about fighting one's enemy?? You inevitably become more like them during the fight...? I think nietzsche coined that one first (just like everything else in the 20th century).

VINIGAR! How the hell are you! I like your signature, buddy!

#26     Apr 4, 2003
  7. vinigar

vinigar

Bungrider,
    I have been trying to stay out of harms way...small short profitable trades...been on a winning streak for a while....happy about that....but waiting for the squeeze to come:D ....I can't keep going like this....sooner or later that bad trade is bound to happen....I have made some mistakes, but I got lucky....its like President Eisenhower said, "you have to master all aspects of the game....and that includes luck".

What in the world have you been doing with yourself?
    Staying out of trouble? Having fun? Fill us in on your escapades...they would be fun to hear about again.:cool:

#27     Apr 4, 2003
  8. I know I've benefited from these threads, and others have benefited from my participation.

Quality knows no quantity, and emptiness knows no end. Unfortunately a huge number of the comments and threads don't partain to trading but opinion expression and other blow hard pressure releases.

Trying to keep focus on the competitive, dishonest, trying, rewarding and frustrating industry that we've come to call home is what this website has provided above all the other websites for traders. In fact, a number of those other sites have been dominated by one or two personalities without a good cross section of the actual trading public that they're not worth going to. Cheers to Baron, his moderators and all.

The ability to rename oneself with a new alias after having made one's handle infamous has redeemed one, alienated others and kept the new member list growing. Perhaps that too contributes to the malaise felt here.

There is a noticable degrade in the quality of the conversations and expressions of oppinons, perhaps that's because of the hard times experienced personally, professionally or industry wide. Its not as easy going as it was before.

For those 2,000+ commentators, how in the world do you make a living trading daily and participating so heavily? Perhaps that too contributes to the stale opinions that are expressed and alienated so many....

#28     Apr 4, 2003
  9. nitro

nitro

My sentiments alike of you as well.

nitro

#29     Apr 5, 2003
  10. rs7

rs7

If Baron ever tried to convert this to a pay site (God forbid), MrSubliminal would be, to me at least, the strongest selling point. Worth the price of admission (as long as it's REALLY low:):))

Sub, glad you made the trip in one piece. Peace! (speaking of "piece", how's Eva?)

Good points. Being one of those 2,000+ guys, I have to admit to a lot of boredom. And insomnia. And trading less and less as I wait for better market conditions. (Yet somehow, even I seldom find time to post during market hours....certainly other than occasionally during the lunchtime doldrums).

And yeah, the ability to rename oneself is getting awfully tempting. I am getting very self conscious seeing myself on "THE LIST" at logon.

I wonder if I switched to RS7.1, if you guys would catch on? RS8?

Where is Gordon Gekko??

Peace,
    :)Rs7

#30     Apr 5, 2003