The Electric Day Trader and Ruin. How probability oppposes short-term investors.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ByLoSellHi, May 26, 2009.

1. Some of us actually make a living trading so we don't mind sharing our edge.

#21     May 26, 2009
  2. That's what I'm talking about.

A confident man like Prof, who clearly does well, doesn't need to sell any system.

#22     May 26, 2009

3. Go to C2, you just think you make a living, when I've not seen any evidence you can trade.

#23     May 26, 2009
  4. He hasn't been audited. No third party source means it's unverified claims, and that doesn't just apply to him, but to anyone else who thinks they can just post p and l with no real time calls.

#24     May 26, 2009
  5. C2 is a great place to SELL stuff.
    If you must sell a product to earn a living, more power to you.
    Whether YOU believe I earn a living trading or not is immaterial since I'm not promoting myself in these pages.

#25     May 26, 2009
  6. Jander

Jander

lol, are you serious?

Almost every one of the few trades that actually made money in the past year have a drawdown far in excess of the eventual profit. I find it hard to believe you make a living off the $50 per month from your 2 subscribers, who took the time to completely bash your 'system' in their reviews..

This comment from one of the people tracking you says it all:

Comments

Vendor said "$8,500,000 is the price tag for the chartscript in wealth-lab for both the QID/QLD and the SDS/SSO versions". The last time I checked the latter was -29.5% on an annualized basis so I presume he means Zimbabwe dollars and not USD! Maybe if he spent less time knocking other vastly more popular systems and concentrated on refining his own efforts then the results might improve?

#26     May 26, 2009
  7. :D

#27     May 26, 2009
  8. I do not care that 99% daytraders lose money.As long as I keep making money week in and week out.Look at the P&l of Redink,Weinstein and few others.most of people like starter of this thread get frustrated when they can not make money as a daytrader.This is a game of chance,most will lose few will win.I am very proud to be a profitable day/swing/position trader.Eat your heart out all you sour losers.
    :D :D :D

#28     May 26, 2009
  9. OUCH:eek:

I guess C2 IS a pretty good place to sell things . . . that are worth selling.

#29     May 27, 2009
  10. your points do not make any sense. If I have a 55% winning chance vs. 45% chance of losing and lets assume equal payout in both scenarios then it comes down to the "optimal f".

So when you have a 10k account why do you suggest a risk per trade of 2.5k? That is rediculously high. The point is if you optimize your position size as a function of your account size, probability of winning/losing and the outcome in each scenario then your return will be several times higher over time than what you suggest.

So, based on your comments I strongly refuse your point that probability opposes short-term investors. If you have a system with edge and you understand the mathematics of money management in fixed fractional trading then you can have an edge several times higher than any long-term investors, especially risk adjusted.

#30     May 27, 2009