The effectiveness of the UN

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Aug 18, 2006.

Do you think the UN will bring peace to Lebanon?

1. Absolutely - nothing strikes fear in the heart quite like a powder blue helmet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mostly - a few macho-types will feel the need to prove their manhood

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. A bit - surely they can get enough troops to field an effective army

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ROTFLMAO! Yeah, just like everywhere else!

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  1. TGregg

TGregg

One wonders how effective folks think the UN might be.

2. they are usless and corrupt...but that's a hope and better than a kick in the theet.

3. Depends on what you're using them for.

4. Seems like Iran has copied the U.N.'s mandate:

A passage from the Ayatollah Khomeini, quoted in an 11th-grade Iranian schoolbook, is revealing.

“I am decisively announcing to the whole world that if the world-devourers [i.e., the infidel powers] wish to stand against our religion, we will stand against their whole world and will not cease until the annihilation of all them. Either we all become free, or we will go to the greater freedom which is martyrdom. Either we shake one another’s hands in joy at the victory of Islam in the world, or all of us will turn to eternal life and martyrdom. In both cases, victory and success are ours.”

Can't wait to pay U.N. world taxes in the future. Oh...wait - all the billions in oil revenue are already flowing into the coffers of those oppressed nations for development and peaceful Jihad.

5. i think kofi might be able to get a job as a librarian..

the whole thing i think is useless....

the very fact that russia and china hold up most activity because of their own greed i find horrifying. they seem to refuse to participate in condemning/embargoing/ threatening/fighting terrorist countries because they are selling them weapons and weapons technology in return for oil.... then give those cocksuckers vetoe power.....

although at the same time - if it werent for russia and china vetoing - the US would have invaded iran, syria, canada and california by now so maybe its a good thing....

6. maxpi

maxpi

One of the funniest stories I ever heard was about UN peacekeepers sent to West Africa somewhere to control some bullies. 5000, yes, 5 and thousands, of them got taken prisoner almost immediately! Now I really do think it takes balls to take 5000 official UN peacekeepers prisoner, so my hat is off to the bullies, but the point is....... uhhhh UN and peacekeepers in the same sentence is silly.

7. TGregg

TGregg

The title of the poll is:

"Do you think the UN will bring peace to Lebanon?"