The Education Of A Speculator

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Johnny, Oct 18, 2008.

1. yeah, good observation.

been listening to LCD soundsystem lately-- like it alot!

surf

#11     Nov 10, 2008
  2. you might want to consider daytrading stocks before futures. From personal experience I think stocks are "easier".

#12     Nov 10, 2008
  3. Stop reading and start looking at the market.

The more you read the more beliefs you have about the market that aren't yours.

#13     Nov 10, 2008
  4. Oh, are you referring to VN's Education of a Spectacle?

#14     Nov 10, 2008
  5. Yea exactly...so you don't have a job, live with your parents and you just read all day but have so far finished one book?
    Sounds to me like your using trading as an excuse to be lazy. Thats not going to cut it.

#15     Nov 11, 2008
  6. Johnny

Johnny

Who said anything about finishing only one book? Please read the whole thread and don`t be lazy. That`s not going to cut it:)

I`ve studied more than 25 books including taking notes on each one the last two-three months. It`s a fulltime job baby. Actually, I`ve been quite busy finishing up some voluntary work as well, so I have not been doing it full-time for real until this week.

The good thing is that when I start watching the markets, trading and eventually blowing up, I know that my reason for failing is not because I don`t have enough book knowledge about secret patterns or esoteric strategies.

I also have good notes that can be reviewed quickly.

#16     Nov 11, 2008

7. let me know when we can call you "doctor"

surf:D :p

#17     Nov 11, 2008
  8. <i>"let me know when we can call you "doctor"</i>

I graduated magna cum laude from Budweiser U... the ten-year program. That's about near as I'll ever come to a doctorate. But I can think of at least one (in)famous book author and (spectacularly) failed speculator I can easily out-trade under the table and back on top again.

Paper titles. So unimpressive. C'mon... you don't succumb to that type of pomp & circumstance, surf.

#18     Nov 11, 2008
  9. gaj

gaj

vn's new venture; sue people who take the title of his book?

well, at least it can't be any worse than his last two (fund) ventures....

#19     Nov 11, 2008
  10. Yeah. Suck off Surfer. You're adding as much value to this thread as you and your hero add to most things.

Start your own thread ... something like "Why I can't trade a trend to save myself" subtitle "because I'm a twat."

Lets let the OP tell us about his education instead of indulging in your tiny ego crap.

#20     Nov 11, 2008