The economy in the U.S. is going to shit, and McCain wants to recall the 1960's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Using your logic, since you called Sarah Palin a cunt, I am calling your mother a cunt.

:D

#31     Oct 7, 2008
  2. Using what you call my logic, and using your logic, I am calling every female in your lineal progeny a cunt.:D

#32     Oct 7, 2008
  3. Tell us how you really feel

#33     Oct 7, 2008
  4. I don't know what all this "cunt" reference is about, but the thread title brought me here.
    I'm somewhat confused with your strong support for Obama. The economy has surely turned to shit and the subprime mess has much to do with it. While there is plenty of blame to go around in both parties, surely you must be able to see Obama's fingerprints all over it. He worked directly with Acorn putting pressure on lending institutions to loan to those who had zero ability to pay.
    I just don't see how you and I can agree that this bailout is a scam, yet you're so pro Obama. Or is it, you're just so anti-Mac, in which case I understand your position.

#34     Oct 7, 2008
  5. You are an embarrassment to the Jewish community.

#35     Oct 7, 2008
  6. http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/2008/10/misunderstandin.html#more
    Its telling that, amid all the recent recriminations, even lenders have not fingered CRA. That's because CRA didn't bring about the reckless lending at the heart of the crisis. Just as sub-prime lending was exploding, CRA was losing force and relevance. And the worst offenders, the independent mortgage companies, were never subject to CRA -- or any federal regulator. Law didn't make them lend. The profit motive did."

-Robert Gordon, American Prospect

>

>

I have been meaning to get back to this issue, but events in the market have kept me a tad busy.

Making the rounds amongst a certain subset of wingnuts on CNBC, at IBD and other selfconfoozled folks has been the meme that the entire housing and credit crisis traces to the the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) of 1977. An alternative zombie myth is the credit crisis is due to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. A 1999 article from the New York Times about the GSE's role in subprime mortgages has been circulating as if its the rosetta stone of the credit crisis.

These memes have become a rallying cry -- cognitive dissonance writ large -- of those folks who have been pushing for greater and greater deregulation, and are now attempting to disown the results of their handiwork.

#36     Oct 7, 2008
  7. You are an embarrassment to the human community.

#37     Oct 7, 2008
  8. You must be looking in the mirror.

#38     Oct 7, 2008
  9. That's you?

[​IMG]

#39     Oct 7, 2008
  10. No, it is you with your boyfriend (but you already knew that). BTW, why do you like the taste of semen? :confused: :p

#40     Oct 7, 2008