The E-mini Trading Strategy/ were you there today?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Tonkadad, May 14, 2004.

1. Did anybody attend the E-mini Trading Strategy that CME/IB offered?

I thought it was very good, nothing I haven't heard before, but it was put together in a logical progression that allowed me to see the importance of what was being presented.

What did you guys think about it?

If someone recorded the audio portion I would appreciate a copy of it.

regards,

Bruce

2. Carl K

Carl K

When web presentations book to full.
    1. Plan another.
    2. Select a larger platform.
    3. Make it available for download.
    4. All of the above.

3. Can you give us a summary of the themes presented? Thanks.

4. Yes, I will get a summary out as soon as I can.

Bruce

5. Basically he went over the boring stuff of trading, the stuff that unsuccessful traders (like me) won’t take the time to do. Determine how much risk/profit in a trade, understand the market conditions in which your strategy/system works, go over the last 6 months of charts in the timeframe you want to trade and mark the entries and exits by hand, it will help to give you confidence in your strategy/system, and also helps to train your eye to recognize the setups.

Nothing I haven’t heard before, I think it was the step-by-step approach that gave it more meaning for me.

He had a good quote “Our thoughts create the envelope of our reality”

His analogy of driving a car for the first time and how awkward and overwhelming it was and now after many repetitions it is second nature, hit the nail on the head.

The bottom line is are we "willing" to allow ourselves to be successful in trading, do the work that is necessary to create the skills needed. Everyday, are we spending quality time to create what we want to get out of trading?

Time will tell.

Bruce

6. demonet

demonet

Where was this seminar held? Was it live or online?

7. It was held online, last Thursday 4:30 p.m. EST