the 'dual' adapator - name ,please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gaj, Oct 30, 2002.

  1. gaj


    i've got a nvidia video card - since it's part of a PC that was build within the last 6 months, i'm fairly certain the card can support dual monitors. i'm going to check tomorrow, but that's not my question.

    there's an adapter that goes into the video card, that enables two monitors to plug into THAT. so it goes something like this:

    MONITOR 1-------}--- |
    |_____} PC
    MONITOR 2-------}---|

    the } are where the plugs connect in.

    anyhow, what is the name of the adaptor (or extender) that plugs into the back of the PC, and then has the dual plugs? i know it has some name, but it's been a while since i've had to use it.

    thanks... - bob
  2. gaj


    well that didn't work right.

    here's the setup; ignore the xxx's

    MONITOR 1-------}--- |
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x|_____} PC
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x|
    MONITOR 2-------}---|