The Drudge of Market News Site

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Pabst,

It looks like you fixed your IE issue, however I wanted to let you know that there still are variations depending on whether I'm on a mac or PC. The variations are minor but they exist. In addition you may want to view your site in on other browsers(mozillia, firefox, ect...) to make sure there are no similar issue there.

Lastly your RSS is now allowing me to get the headlines but when I click on the headlines I'm getting a 404 error.

#41     Dec 13, 2008
  2. Thanks for all the great suggestions. The site www.marketnewsflow.com has come along way in a very short-time. The correct web address is www.marketnewsflow.com the address I posted in the first post is a dead link now. In addition I have the RSS feed fully functional.

Please continue to post any improvements that you would like to see or think can be made.

Thanks again.

#42     Dec 15, 2008
  3. Love the "Caddy Shack" picture...Rodney Dabgerfield was the man.

#43     Dec 15, 2008
  4. gangof4

gangof4

anyone else think that greatlakes ted is pabst talking to himself spamming his stupid site. love the new registered user starting pabst worship threads and fawning over him(self).

jesus pabst, just cause we're traders doesn't mean we have single digit iq's and can't smell blatant self promotion...

#44     Dec 16, 2008
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If the site helps you (which it should if you use it) and its totally free (which it is) why does it bother you if it is "promoted". I swear to god some people think that the biggest sin is to try to sell them or give them something that might be useful.

#45     Dec 16, 2008

6. Sorry, Pabst isn't my alter ego. I think he had a great idea and I think he is developing it well. I do like his site, i find it informative and interesting. His links are usually the days best stories.

The site he is creating is one of the best things i have come across on ET and that is the reason I registered to post here; To give a man with a good idea credit when credit is do.

If you don't like his site give him feedback. Say it sucks, speak up. Tell him what is the matter with it. Don't bitch at me for giving someone props, when you don't or have not posted a counter argument.

Look I bitched when things weren't working on his site I found it annoying. You are just bitching to bitch. What the hell is up with all the bullshit bickering that goes on here. I never realized this until I started to post. Christ, its like a bunch of little girls.

For the record i will continue to applaud any further enhancements to www.marketnewsflow.com when I see something I like. If you don't like it, who gives a shit, don't read the thread anymore "super sleuth"

#46     Dec 16, 2008
  7. More and more people here are speaking out against this juvenile abusive behavior. Hopefully, ET has turned a corner.

He's promoting something free. He's excited about it. It has some value. Avail yourself of the opportunity - or not. But STFU about it.

#47     Dec 16, 2008
  8. gangof4

gangof4

nothing about my psot was 'abusive'. it's pathetic when there is an obvious interchange between one's self. german trader got busted for doing it too (no, not by me, though that was equally obvious). my point is, promote the site by signing up as a sponsor or whatever. to create aliases to create fake buzz is pathetic. do you disagree with this?!?!?!?!??

#48     Dec 16, 2008
  9. Greatlakes Ted is neither me nor do I have a clue to his "real" identity.

Given that I started the thread myself why would I need to create a new screen name to pump it? I'm in weekly or more often contact with perhaps a dozen ET'ers. It would've been far less obvious and more credible to have any of them post on this thread than create a new alias who has posted little or no where else.

So in reality it is you who is "pathetic" because you're making an assertion that while seemingly logical is actually 110% incorrect.

P.S. Not to mention look at the time of day "Ted" posts. If you think I'm going to wake up pre-dawn to pump a free site on a thread with a 1000 unique viewers you're on drugs. Especially given that my byline/url appears on Yahoo Finance every month or so and is read by 200,000 people.

#49     Dec 16, 2008
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

I think the site has potential.

Pabst is an experienced trader, and the site can become a valuable stop for traders since its content is being developed by someone who know a thing or two about markets. Plus, maybe others will participate as well, who knows.

For the most part, people on ET are small/mid size individual traders (I know that many will think of themselves as big swinging dicks), and the content that gears towards these type of traders can be very helpful.

#50     Dec 16, 2008