The drop in the US Dollar is stunning

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Aaron Copland, Dec 17, 2008.

1. The USD will be the reserve currency for the next 50 years at least. The country with the strongest military gets their currency set to be the reserve. Don't fool yourselves with other discussions about the USD losing it's status. Central bankers have influence over the Fed just like the Fed has influence over other Central Banks.

The last thing OPEC wants is F-22s knocking on their front door. Trust me, the 22s are wicked and you won't know they're there until your dead.

#11     Dec 17, 2008
  2. Many retail traders went long the dollar with the hope to make a quick profit.

They are getting killed now, dollar uptrend will resume when FX pool operators take all the money off the table.

#12     Dec 17, 2008
  3. Who's your bitch now hu?:D

My salary went up 15% last two weeks.

Buy gold.:)

#13     Dec 17, 2008
  4. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Why in the world would have anyone gone long any currency ahead of an expected historical lowering of interest rates in that country?

#14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. Dollar getting crushed, makes for cheaper currency sure. It is Inflationary for the currency, I agree. But from across the spectrum, the weaking dollar is driving down key assets, which is deflationary.

Text book mumbo jumbo does not work in the "real world".

You can have a "weak currency", inflationary but an overall Deflationary situation, like the Depression.

Opec just said they will cut 4.2 million BP day. This is a huge signal. They are also concerned about "DEPRESSIONARY" forces.

Oil should hit 75 buy first quarter next year.

So, while in the "Class room" A falling dollar is a signal for Inflation, not so in the real world right now.

2010 could bring serious inflation once the trillions of Fed money take its toll.

Right now, LONG OIL is my play. I am putting 100% of my net worth in OIL and not looking back.

#15     Dec 17, 2008
  6. This is not news worthy! Everyone knows that the dollar has to drop, it is not even considered a drop since it gained so much off risk aversion, the makret is just balancing out. The average volatility of the fx market is at historical highs, therefore the retracement will be faster than the gain since the $ gain started off from a low volatility enviroment. This will be the story of 2009 as investors start putting their money back to work , the dollar has to give back these gains since it was not due to dollar strength.

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. moarla

moarla

country with the strongest military...

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahahahaha
    hahahahahahaha
    ahahahahahaha
    jajajajajajaja
    hahahahah
    ahahahahah

you are not able to bring under control a small country like iraq

hahahahahahahah
    ahahahahahahaha
    ahahahahaha

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. bxptone

bxptone

Ummmm while I myself was not an advocate of the Iraq war, we could have EASILY destroyed Iraq. Well LEVELED Iraq, and left the country FLATENED, but just remember the key was to OCCUPYING it for it's oil. So we couldn't just kill everyone.

If WW3 popped off, as much as I hate this country. There's nowhere else I'd rather be. Especially with the defense missle shield currently being put up. Now wether or not it's fully functional and will hit it's targets, like they claim it will now is one thing. But I wouldn't want to be the country calling it's bluff and to have that defense shield work so.

But to say we're having a hard time in Iraq? Please let's not confuse the occupation of a country, with it's total annahaliation (sp).

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. 151

Mo, the reason you are able to laugh at the US military is because they are so very strong. Putin could laugh at them and they do not have to prove anything.

Keep in mind we are not at war with the people of Iraq.

Can you imagine how much more difficult that must make things over there?

If however the US was at war WITH Iraq (as opposed to in Iraq)
    they could easily enough squash anyone over there.

If at anytime a situation gets bad enough that the US military can justify to the US people the deaths of civilians, the country in question better take serious precautions.

#19     Dec 17, 2008
  10. Take another look at a map.

#20     Dec 17, 2008