The Dow Was Untradeable This Week!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Apr 6, 2007.

1. I have no problem with Jews or Christians for that matter. It's just a statement of fact. When market participants aren't involved it makes for an abnormal market. No different than trading around any other major holiday. I have already eaten enough chocolate lately so I will pass on the Easter festivities. :D

#11     Apr 6, 2007
  2. I seriously wish this piker would just leave ET once and for all.

RoughTrader

#12     Apr 6, 2007
  3. Obviously I do, else I wouldnt have mentioned it.

Of course this is the wrong forum for this discussion....

BTW, none of my 9 children celebrate the madness either....

#13     Apr 6, 2007
  4. He sure is humble, isn't he?

#14     Apr 6, 2007
  5. The Dow Was Untradeable This Week!!!

Because I was trading it :)

#15     Apr 6, 2007
  6. 01-02-07 07:32 PM

when under normal trading hours are they up 67-73.....only when the cash market is closed...........total wallstreet manipulation in thinly traded markets. It happened with gold, currencies, futures, stocks, bonds this year.

wanna bet the damn futures come down to atleast 30 by market open? total bs---hello sec----do you really enforce anything, anymore?

I bet the same guys who goosed it up, will be riding it all the way back down before the cash opens.....complete market manipulation at work!!! They should never have left the futures market open on a complete cash market close. It is just pure greed on the part of chicago---the damn thing only traded like 2500 contracts anyway---the sec should put their foot in chicago`s arse for letting this happen.

BlueStreek

12-20-06 04:17 AM

It will be one nasty fall from here!

"Quotes from bluestreek." He has reemerged to claim he makes $20,000. He might make that in a year if he picks up a lot of double shifts at 7-11. Search his past threads.

#16     Apr 6, 2007
  7. this "manipulation" thing is getting old

look, whether or not you want to call it "manipulation", buying stocks/futures is not illegal. and when demand outstrips supply, the price goes up.

and vice versa for selling

that's how auction markets work. complaining about "manipulation" usually comes when people didn't profit of a move, or are positioned opposite to the move.

#17     Apr 6, 2007
  8. when under normal trading hours are they up 67-73.....only when the cash market is closed...........total wallstreet manipulation in thinly traded markets. It happened with gold, currencies, futures, stocks, bonds this year.

wanna bet the damn futures come down to atleast 30 by market open? total bs---hello sec----do you really enforce anything, anymore?

I bet the same guys who goosed it up, will be riding it all the way back down before the cash opens.....complete market manipulation at work!!! They should never have left the futures market open on a complete cash market close. It is just pure greed on the part of chicago---the damn thing only traded like 2500 contracts anyway---the sec should put their foot in chicago`s arse for letting this happen.

BlueStreek

See Cramer video----and BTW, I was right on that trade, and took the other side, and sure enough it came all the way back down to open about 30 up.

You can read, good for you:)

12-20-06 04:17 AM

It will be one nasty fall from here!

I guess 700 points in a couple weeks wasn`t nasty enough for ya:)

"Quotes from bluestreek." He has reemerged to claim he makes $20,000. He might make that in a year if he picks up a lot of double shifts at 7-11. Search his past threads.

If you are impressed with 20,000 what are guys trading single lots all day long with 10,000 accounts.......how can you possibly be taking out living expenses off of your trading? When I heard that Hubert Senters from TTM only shoots for 35 points a day trading, It confirmed my initial impressions that he is selling pick axes to the miners instead of being a trader who can live off his trading. If you don`t make at least 300,000 a year trading, your just doing this as a hobby, and are not any good at it. With taxes, living expenses, and no corporate bonuses you better be making 300,000 a year to justify the time expendature trading, researching, and working 65 hours a week staring at a computer screen. For instance you should see what type of bonuses the oil companies are paying in Houston this past year just for grade 11 analysts with companies less than 2 years. I make well over 300,000 a year pretax, and it is paultry compared to my fellow MBA`s bonuses with the Big Oil companies In houston. And they get paid vacations, great medical plans, yearly raises, nice offices, upward mobility, etc.

Bottom Line: You should not be impressed with 20,000 profit in a week, do you know what kind of bonuses traders get working for energy companies, hedge funds, private investment firms? That`s in addition to their regular salary! Frankly, unless you have no social skills, a nasty mole on your face with hair growing out of it, you better be making over 300,000 a year trading, or your just in denial that you need to get a real job in corporate america where the "easy money" is made with no risk of your own capital.

#18     Apr 6, 2007
  9. Untradeable by all, or untradeable by you?

#19     Apr 6, 2007
  10. good point.

one of the hallmarks of immaturity (and a bad trader) is extrapolating from one's INDIVIDUAL experience and skills to the aggregate.

iow, it is perfectly normal to say "I can't trade bonds. They move weird"

otoh, that does not imply

"bonds are untradeable"

or

"I do really well trading FOMC days"

to

"everybody should do really well trading FOMC days"

etc.

this person obviously has a strategy/methodology (if he has one at all lol) that does not apply to markets like the dow in its current state of development this week.

PERSONALLY, i love trading days like thursday. i would not be so arrogant (and illogical ) to say - YOU should love it, or it's easier for everybody.

#20     Apr 6, 2007