The dog ate it

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sulong, Dec 12, 2006.

1. How can you claim that any puppy is threat to babies, and then call the incident a "freak accident"?
    If you're aware of the danger and yet still put the two together, that is not a freak accident.

#11     Dec 12, 2006
  2. Awww, there so cute too.

This pitbull owner has some ideas on the matter, and extraordinarily bad spelling.

Madmunny, on this blog, there are also some pics of adult dogs, are those ears cropped, or is that just my imagination?
    Like docking a doberman/rotties tail, or is that natural?

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...pies&start=20&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

I have dog stories from every aspect, mostly reflecting owners,
    but it makes you wonder.

Back to the military dog handler, his opinion was 90% of dog owners didnt deserve to own pets period.
    His domestic dog , was a beagle.

I knew someone , who "decided" a bull mastiff was a great idea........put 130 odd stitches in a neighbours maltese terrrier cross. Never reported. Dangerous dog?

Someone i know, adopted a stray doberman pup. It grew up, not a problem in itself-except it couldnt be contained, broke 1.5 inch chain link in half, tore through 7 mm wire braid rope like nothing.
    Had to get rid of it, no time for training, anything could happen.....................

a farmer took it, and trained it to kill stray dogs, which from all accounts, it was very good at. Happy story, win win.

(the previous has no affiliation to the following redneck mofo psychopath situation, just to be clear)

All i can say, is if you meet someone who boasts their dog could kill an intruder in under a minute, much less that they trained the animal on livestock to acheive this objective.....................

Well, ill have to leave you to figure out the best course of action there.

#12     Dec 13, 2006
  3. In theory, dogs are a product of how their genetic composition and the way they are raised and handled. Any large dog has the potential to be dangerous in the hands of the wrong person. I have no idea what the ratio of owners that use the more aggressive breeds for reasons other than "enjoying their company" may be, but I'm sure that the small percentage of these owners cast the remainder in a negative light.

In this case, the parents are clearly at fault. The pit, and any dog for that matter, does not have the same logic process as a human being. A dog that has an aggressive predisposition combined with poor parenting, and an infant is a recipe for disaster. The writing was on the wall. Placing sole blame on the dog is unfounded.

I personally would never own an aggressive breed regardless of how docile I were to raise them. The risk of injury to another family member greatly outweighs any perceived benefit from owning such a dog.

Pitbulls are illegal to own in Miami-Dade county for this reason. The amount of injuries due to violent attacks has diminished considerably since this law took effect. Most of these injuries were not isolated to family members. Unfortunately, many of them were small children killed or mauled while playing in front of their home and a neighbor's pit got lose.

#13     Dec 13, 2006
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Where I live the Sheriff's or anybody really, will shoot a loose pit bull with no attempt to find the owners at all.

Pits, Rotweiilers, Malmutes, Wolf hybrids, Coyote hybrids, trained fighters, etc. are all at risk of attacking children, sometimes after years of not showing any signs of being vicious. Actually the same probably goes for some of their owners.

#14     Dec 13, 2006
  5. So I take it that running around in a pitbull costume for kicks would not be a good idea?? :(

#15     Dec 13, 2006
  6. anyone who would let a dangerous dog like that around their child( much less a baby) should be summarily executed, right along with the dog. as you can probably tell, i dont have a pitbull, but i do have two children. the thought of a dog like that getting near my child makes my blood curl. and you people who defend a dog like that, should be put to sleep with the dog

#16     Dec 15, 2006
  7. madmoney is an illiterate, dog humping, freako, and i am surprised he can pull himself off of his dogs dick long enough to learn how to post a mis-spelled comment about anything. i bet you cant even have your morning coffee without nasty ass dog hairs flying around landing in your cup. you people who think that violent animals have ANY rights amaze me. i think Hitler had a good idea, he just should have killed dogs instead of Jewish people. Oh, and if you dont like it you liberal, pinko, dog fucker, geuss what else you can suck?
    fucking wierdo..... or maybe so you can understand me madmoney, "yu r a fuken weerdo"

#17     Dec 15, 2006
  8. Maverick1

Maverick1

The relentless reports of pit bull killings is starting to REALLY get at me. Isn't it time for laws to be passed NATIONWIDE against these dogs? How many more children and people will have to be eaten alive before people wake up?

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/us/2007/01/15/runge.pit.bull.attack.woai

For anyone thinking this is an isolated story, please google the following: pit bull attack news

then click on the news link that pops up

#18     Jan 15, 2007
  9. lets see....in the US each year

440,000 people die from smoking
    46,000 people die from car accidents
    4000 die from drowning
    1500 from firearms
    350 die in farm accidents

sooo....do they ban smoking?? automobiles???? swimming??? guns??? and what about farming???

Nope....fromwhat i know all of these things are still legal for just about anyone to do anywhere in the US.

Now....how many people have died from dog attacks each year you ask? I will even do you one better...i will give you the numbers for a 19 year period from 1979 to 1998.....

238! of which they claim 76 were from pitbulls or "pitbull types".

so 76 people died over 19 years from these dogs (and i can guarantee you that at least a 1/4 if not 1/2 of these would have been by another breed of dog because the vast majority of people that see a dog with bared teeth automatically call it a pitbull but for this forum i will grant you the numbers are correct) and you want to ban them. So why does your righteousness not want to ban swimming? Thousands of people die each year from swimming and less than 4 people die from pitbulls? Were is your logic? Maybe we should ban farming. Obvioulsy this is a very dangerous profession and we should protect the uniformed farmer that doesnt know better. I would say lets ban guns but then im sure you people would come back with the brilliant arguement that if we banned guns how would we kill the 10 dogs that attack people each year so maybe we should keep guns legal. And cigarettes should definitely remain legal because the we need something to help relieve the stress of all these dog attacks. And vehicles...well we need the vehicles to transport all the dog attack victims to the hospital so we should keep them to no matter how many people die in accidents.

lol...the funny part is im guessing my sarcasm will have no effect on you people. You are all to ignorant to understand that everyday in every city there are people dieing from smoking, guns and car accidents but we never hear about it anymore because they are so common they arent news worthy. But a dog attacks someone once ever 4-5 months in the entire country and it gets sensationalized and splashed all across the papers and news because it is the only thing left that might shock the masses due to its rareness.

So shut the f*ck up about banning a certain breed of dog because two of them a year attack someone. Its the equivalent to saying lets throw every young black male in jail because a few of them in the inner citys are in gangs and sell drugs and kill each other. Ifs a f*ckin retarded mentality that just shows your ignorance at the facts or reality.

Once all you righteous people have banned cars, guns, cigarettes, swimming and farming......and locked up every black male under the age of 40 just in case they might shoot someone or sell someone drugs........then come talk to me about banning pitbulls.

#19     Jan 15, 2007
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Amazing what people will blame on a dog. Go walk thru the mall today. Look at all the warped little children we have walking around. They too are a product of their environment.

#20     Jan 15, 2007