The Documents by Jack Hershey

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TIKITRADER, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ehorn

ehorn

lol! Nice to have low overhead and congrats on the choice. Careful what you wish for on the cats though... :)

Apologies for the O.T. posts tiki and thanks for the compilation.

Have a great weekend guys

#41     Jul 16, 2010
  2. Thank you, Jack for your nobel-prize winning contributions to the field of trading:D

you will never be forgotten by successive generations of traders

#42     Jul 16, 2010
  3. What I love about Jacks detractors is that they laugh at game changers. There are people out there changing the game of life for themselves and others, and the reason is that Jack Hershey is hardheaded and thick skinned. Take the markets offer, on every bar, every day.

I assure you, soon one of us will go public, and we will point to PVT/SCT as the way out. If it happens to be me, I will also give credit to Prof. Logic, who is a man of remarkable integrity.

#43     Jul 16, 2010
  4. Thats a nice definition hypo. It is the most realistic definition of rich I have heard.

#44     Jul 16, 2010
  5. It is especially apropos as old ugly and fat as I am.

#45     Jul 16, 2010
  6. Great. Because if it DOES work I can't wait for the big boys to start frustrating it.

BTW, I changed my game on my own. Nobody will ever fuck up what I have because I don't brag about it. It's so subtle I don't even understand it myself.

#46     Jul 16, 2010
  7. Congrats on the success you are having. Post whatever you would like to contribute. This thread is for sharing everything from good questions to knowledge and skills. If someone is new here well then welcome here.
    Everyone is welcome.

#47     Jul 16, 2010
  8. Daily Analysis Sheet

[​IMG]

#48     Jul 16, 2010
  9. Daily Analysis Sheet

Daily Analysis Charts are used for each of the portfolios you maintain at ClearStation.com.
    These include 7’s, 0’s and 1’s, hot list and owned list. The charts are identical and for the
    owned list the left and right margins can be used also. As a time saver the stock symbol
    and three volumes (DU, FRV, and peaking) can be typed in advance. You get these
    volumes from the IAS.
    After the market close each evening, print up blank charts and go to clear station.com to do
    a “bulk” review for each portfolio. Print and attach the “bulk” printout. Focus on one stock at
    a time and complete the row for that stock. All columns are used for owned stocks. Stocks
    that you are reviewing to move to your hot list will not require the use of the right columns.
    The following paragraphs deal with the columns in groups.

Scoring

Columns 2 through 5 deal with scoring. Score the stock based on its price (P) volume (V)
    and Accumulation/Distribution (A/D). Enter 1’s and 0’s and binary values for each of these
    and calculate the score as a base 10 number. You now know where you are in the cycle.

Volume

If you are working with a new stock enter the actual DU, FRV and Peaking Volume. Also
    enter the actual daily volume in the volume column. Circle the appropriate volume that
    corresponds with the actual volume. Check to see that the score and volume level
    correlate. You now know the stock is “repeating” a past performance.

Formations and Trends

In the formations column enter the formation that is denoted by the last four or five days of
    bars (use EOD or 30 min for owned). Also notate the indicator activity descriptively for
    MACD and Stochastic. For example note crossovers, divergence, and all signals. In the
    Trends column annotate with a few words where the price and volume are in the trend cycle.
    This is not a repeat of the scoring but is more a measure of the day of the cycle. If you have
    a 6 day cycle for trading the stock you should be able to annotate which of the six days the
    stock traded in that day. Correspondingly, if the stock is in a portion of the cycle where it is
    not tradable you should be able to list the number of days until the beginning of the cycle is
    reached. For example, if the beginning of the trading cycle is three days away you would
    write down -3 or -2. Use -2 if you count the day of the beginning of the cycle as day zero.
    This should correlate with both the scoring and the volume result annotated.
    In other words, by this time of the analysis, you have filled in eleven columns and you
    should know exactly where this stock is relative to using it to make money.

Analysis and Decision Making

The remaining 4 columns are used for annotating the consequences of analysis. By
    analysis of a chart you can determine the Buy Date. If you decide to buy, then the Buy Date
    should be written in for tomorrow’s date. Whenever you do buy, write that date in and use
    this date as long as you are holding the stock. Since you know the average number of days
    of a cycle, from the IAS, you can calculate the peak date from the buy date column. You can
    also make a notation of how many days from tomorrow the peak date will occur, in the peak
    date column. A typical entry would be day 2 or day 5, meaning, two or five days hence.

The next to the last column (Watch For) is used to make a notation for what it is you are
    looking for next. It does not have to be what is going to happen tomorrow but it is one of the
    material times that you have completed on the IAS. The last column (Action) is your
    instruction to yourself for what to do tomorrow. The most common entry on the daily
    analysis sheet for stocks you own is HOLD. If you are watching for peak volume you would
    write: “sell on peaking volume”.

Use of Margins

I use the right margin for tomorrow’s stops. I enter two numbers: first the offset, in points,
    from the close and second the actual price of that stock. As part of the daily analysis I
    advance my stop as time passes. If I find I cannot advance my stop then I place myself on
    alert for exiting.
    The left column may be used for estimating the expected profit position you will have
    tomorrow. I list it as a percent only (rarely).

#49     Jul 16, 2010
  10. Possible Buys Check Sheet

[​IMG]

#50     Jul 16, 2010