The Documents by Jack Hershey

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TIKITRADER, Jul 14, 2010.

1. ehorn

ehorn

:D

#11     Jul 14, 2010
  2. Don't be disingenuous. Moses Todd led the chosen people to the Price and Volume Relationship thread there to get tight moderation. You got it. And an environment totally devoid of any opportunity for them to learn from criticism, no matter how cruel. Welcome back! In the intervening year the rest of us have gotten smarter (indeed, there was room for improvement), invented new things, progressed. SCT is static. In more ways than one.

#12     Jul 14, 2010
  3. If these are "documents" I have some old comic books needing respect I would like to scan and post.

#13     Jul 14, 2010
  4. Page 85

BM BW

[​IMG]

#14     Jul 14, 2010
  5. A very pretty theory, concocted for simple minds by a simple mind, that one can handily find examples of in charts, just as one can readily find examples of every other harebrained idea in charts.

#15     Jul 14, 2010
  6. Oh, well done, 18! Far better than my feeble imagining! And my favorite quote engraved in stone! I am in trading heaven! I still think that for some of your efforts the pic of him in the cockpit might be appropriate. Beard is busher, shows the ponytail better. And how appropriate that Tiki picked Moses rather than Jesus, for as we all know, "Jesus saves, but Moses invests!"

#16     Jul 15, 2010
  7. page 10 BM BW

[​IMG]

#17     Jul 15, 2010
  8. Trader666 is the ultimate proof of this!

:cool:

#18     Jul 15, 2010
  9. Tiki,

Thanks for facilitating getting information to others.

regards,

Jack

#19     Jul 15, 2010
  10. As far as utilizing my stuff (in its many forms) plan on several passes as you go through the helix of gaining skills and knowlege through experience. The helix is illustrated on page 6 in putting the pieces together.

The Dr. Hu document explains the process of how the mind becomes differentiated in a setting of coherence. Differentiated means having all the pieces in your mind in a good organizational place for each of the pieces.

All people asessing any trading system look at it from the viewpoint of just the system's pieces. Some are eye catching and that leads to wanting to learn.

The pieces are "what's" of information. they do not work well in isolation. secondly they are not part of your memory until a certain point in time. At first they are just in short term memory and just take flight because they did not "stick".

Getting a piece to "where" it fits is another issue.

A basic decision is to decide to pick up the pieces and then put them where they belong in a continuum.

Most people do not make that decision and, instead, they "invent" a personalized trading approach.

A few people do get to KNOW that they CAN pick up the pieces and put them where they belong. They did diligence to get the this place and they found they had capability. AND they decide to keep doing diligence instead of doing work.

In one of my careers I presented a view on a theory of learning; it was accepted. so this theory is embodied in the prescribed work. By dropping the barriers to learning to nil, it is possible for anyone to do the learning work.

Please examine an example that you have under your belt: driving a car. Unconscious competence is the goal of expert trading. A complete long term memory is manufactured from pieces that all fit together. Everyone has ample space.

Manufacturing a piece is done by doing drills and the mind then constructs a long term memory piece.

Putting it in place is easy or difficult depending upon what pieces are already in the mind. this is the learning message of my contributions. If you are having difficulty, you have to work harder to displace what is making it difficult.

Sometimes there is another element in the picture: you tend to "invent" because in the past you were given rewards for "inventing". You can't manufacture a piece simply because you are inventing a substitute piece.

A lot of people in the fast lane of learning are often totally unfamiliar with trading as they begin to work doing drills.

Some people are very smart and therefore, they skip manufacturing pieces. As in doing puzzles, you do not finish if you flush enpough pieces down the toilet.

I have been told by expert traders of this stuff that all the pieces have been noted here or there or repeatedly.

It looks like work gets the pieces manufactured. You mind will keep asking for more and specific pieces. Do the drill required to manufacture that specific piece.

This is the "assembly line" aspect of putting "WHAT's "where" they go and asking for more pieces.

Footnotes:

I now have an electric razor with a No. 5 attachment. My eyes pooped out so I had to have the lenses removed are replaced. I also had to have my corneas removed and I regrew them over time. so now i am a little bionic hereand there.

FYI: Detractors come with the territory. One of the unfotunate aspects of being a critique who has not done the work is that the criticism is just a reflection on the detractor. Treat this phenomena as humor. Successful persistence only applies to doing work to learn.

#20     Jul 15, 2010