The devil hides in the details.

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Nobert, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Nobert

Nobert

Given the recent events and a very reasonable understanding of this game, from general public, in a form of a text or words, one might receive some comments from friends or relatives ,-

,,So...The markets haven't been so good as of lately, haven't they :sneaky:? ''

,,Hey Warren, how are your investments doing :sneaky: ?''

,,Probably made a lot of money is this crash :sneaky: ?''

,, >ENTER THE MISSING TEXT HERE< :sneaky: ?

And for thou, this is a good chance, to spot those who wishes you ill, because the Devil hides in the details, those small phrases that leaves you with the questions -
    ,,was that a joke or what ? o_O''

Just keep a close eye on those names from now on, for further signs of envy.

Damn. The irony of timing. (seriously, came as i wrote)

Easter is here.
    With the people, that wishes us good.
    wda.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    qlai and Onra like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Today, about 2,020 years ago, Jesus died after being nailed to a tree. Three days from now they will find that someone stole his body from the tomb but declare him alive.

And there were many believers. Then there were lilies, bunnies, and eggs. And chocolate. Wheeee! We are a mad race of beings.

Turveyd and comagnum like this.
  3. Nobert

Nobert

That guy & bunnies were not, the main point.

But in general, absolutely right.
    For me it's only a celebration, because the whole family is gathering (which ain't gonna happen, different city), and we are having a good time.

Beside, those bunnies - taste good.

imgrc0074063568.jpg

4. I'm just incredibly annoyed by this... That's why I would limit or eliminate my communication with people who can't support you and are only trying to make you feel insecure or worried. It's just a horror, so that's why many traders hide the fact that they are trading, they are just not supported by anyone and it really becomes more convenient to just do it on your own and rely only on yourself.
    And this is despite the fact that our business is not the easiest as it is, we are constantly under stress and it would be good for us if someone could encourage us in a difficult period... But usually we get something else and... absolutely unpleasant...

schizo, Handle123 and Nobert like this.
  5. Nobert

Nobert

A well written piece of a text, i agree.

For me, it's 3 - 4 messages, and it becomes clear, that - the person, for him/her, there's an issue with me trading/investing.
    (in general, for the whole life areas, - keeping away the toxic ones)

Maybe they tried and failed, maybe it's jealousy, maybe it's only stupidity mixed with little of both. Who knows. No time to find that out and not so much of worth in it. Actually - none at all.
    The failure that i used to do, is that i would seek for their ,,validation''.
    I would try to ,,prove it''.
    Ego - would become , a defensive/poisonous mechanism, seeking to hear yes, from someone else and partially giving life control to them.
    No longer doing that.
    Ignore/block = very fast solution these days.

And for you , have you run into people, that had problems with you trading/investing ?
    Was it obvious right away, or it took some time, to find it out ?

schizo likes this.
  6. That's why we need our form and discussions so much that we can be ourselves and at the same time we can share our knowledge, experience and discuss some controversial points. In fact, I could say that forums are also part of the work in the market, because this is where we meet interesting questions and unusual difficulties faced by our colleagues. And accordingly, we can deal with it immediately, so that in the future it would be a little easier and clearer for us. With regard to the fact that people who are not engaged in trading are prone to skepticism, I agree. But it's their personal business, for example, I have friends who used to joke with me all the time, and now they also trade and worry about their money. And now they are not funny at all, because they have understood the mechanisms of the market and made sure that everything is not easy.

Nobert likes this.
  7. Perilace

Perilace

To my great regret, you are absolutely right, because very few traders get real support from their friends and family, as a rule they hear more and more jokes and ridicule, because many still do not take trading as something serious, requiring investment and attention. In fact, I'm very far away from it, because people don't understand what they're missing and don't want to look a little wider, and they also interfere, at least emotionally, with the person who decided to try it. It seems to me that this is not the most dignified behavior, because everyone has to do what they like and not to spare time and energy. After all, the market is what gives you great opportunities!!!

8. Nobert

Nobert

Call me paranoid, but you both look like a single person, who is using 2 accounts.

• Both - avatars anime related
    • Both - created at similar time
    • Both - has similar writing styles
    • Both - replied at the ,,same time''
    • Both - very few posts
    Tho i agree, with that which you wrote.

9. Handle123

Handle123

I never have understood most people anyway, but overall, people seldom want you to have more than them, they seldom want you to have a job, woman, home that you enjoy and love, they secretly wish the worst for me. I never tell people what my hobby is any more. Have few friends but the friends I do have are close, now that I think about it, all were former students of mine. No, have couple others outside of trading.

It just easier not to add bitterness to my life so am old enough to say I am retired and on fixed income.

Life is harder as a trader, you are more prone to be cavelike-though secretly I liked it more when younger, now I like getting out more, but stay humble and don't say what I love to do or have.

People ask me how is life and have it down pat, have that dejected look, look down to the ground and say "things could be better" I chuckle to myself quietly. Hell yes things could be better and have no losing trades for the week.

Happy Easter all, I look at Easter as more of fresh beginnings.

Nobert likes this.
  10. Nobert

Nobert

Heh

This business, a double edge sword, > one can make big, but have to pay the price/oath of silence.

To quote Dalio, few times :

,,Oh, i can't speak about that''
    ,,No, i won't speak about it''
    ,,Can't tell you anything about our positions''

Buffet as well :

Reporter :
    -How did you knew about BAC ?
    -I just knew (little smile, eyes looking down sideways)

Even if one can, there's that little, of who has an interest in it as well.

That's why for every trader/investor a secondary or third hobby/passion is a must. Where one can speak/communicate about it all day long, while giving zero worries about letting go of secrets.
    The passion, wheres information - wouldn't be ~the product~.

#10     Apr 12, 2020
    ironchef likes this.