The Dennis Gartman Letter

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Ridu, Apr 15, 2008.

1. you are right.
    the cost is irrelevant.
    pfffffffffffffffftttttttttt
    Trade much?

FWIW, Gartman is amazing.

#11     Sep 10, 2008
  2. His advice stinks. I read that thing for years and he really doesnt have that many great calls.

#12     Sep 10, 2008
  3. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE CALLS..IT IS ABOUT THE BALLS!

i COULD TELL EVERYONE HERE THAT THE MARKET WILL SELL OFF INTO THE CLOSE.. AND LETS SAY I HAD A CRYSTAL BALL AND I WAS RIGHT.. SO i KNOW IT WILL SELL OFF!

GUESS WHAT

40 % OF YOU WOULD SIT AND WATCH
    20 % WOULD LOSE SHORTING THE HIGH THINKING IT WILL REVERSE
    20 % OF YOU WOULD BREAK EVEN
    5% OF YOU WOULD LOSE ONLY IN COMMISSIONS
    5 % OF YOU WOULD GET OUT OF YOUR PROFIT QUICKLY AND MAKE LIKE 10 % OF THE ENTIRE MOVE
    8% WOULD MAKE MONEY AND CLOSE OUT AT THE CLOSE
    2 % OF YOU WOULD CLOSE HALF AT THE CLOSE AND HOLD INTO THE OPEN THE NEXT DAY !

ITS NOT THE CALLS ITS THE BALLS TO TRADE MY FRIENDS

#13     Sep 10, 2008
  4. At the office we received the Gartman Letter as part of Alaron' full service.
    Not sure if we received the full version or not, tough.

Altough interesting, it doesn't provide anything new. Almost all the info on it, you could find it for free over the internet.

The good thing is that it compilates info that you would find on many different websites, in one easy to read letter.

#14     Sep 10, 2008
  5. TStro

TStro

spersky, is his letter available then to just a regular individual account at RCG? Are there any additional fees?

I would be interested in getting an account at RCG simply for this resource if this is true.

Do they have a minimum account amount?

Thank you:)

#15     Apr 17, 2009
  6. 4XQs

4XQs

I get it forwarded from a friend who says it cost 'a lot' so I've always assumed it's more than 400 a month.

I enjoy some of it, especially his macro view of things. Sometimes he has some crazy political comments which conforms with conservatives, but I guess that's not unusual. I disregard that, anyway.

His calls are all over the place, some hit and some miss. It's kind of like an improved Jim Rogers, yes.

Sometimes I wonder whether he makes more from the newsletter than from managing money when I receive a 7-8 page pdf-file...

#16     Apr 17, 2009
  7. Too cool! I remember him as a member of the CBOT in the mid-80's.

#17     Apr 17, 2009
  8. gr8stock

gr8stock

Dennis Gartman is the best trader. He is no B.S. straightforward guy with more than thirty years experience. The good news is that there is a new fund that follows his letter. See

http://www.hapetfs.com/gartman_cf.asp

It is trading in Toronto exchange and will be converted to ETF later. :)

#18     Apr 17, 2009
  9. itsame

itsame

$400 a month.
    $500 a month up to 15 people. Not sure what happens if you use it as a company over 15 people. Every letter is about 6 pages. First couple of pages are (usually) about currencies then about commodities then a little politics then equities.

Last pages are a couple of calls or a quote from someone he knows. Last page is always about 5 or 6 suggestions. e.g. "long two units of english speaking currencies, short japanese yen" and "long 2 units of gold, short 2 units of calls). Then he will list what he is long and what he is short as well as his YTD compared to the sp500.

Had a month free trial subscription. Felt it was worth it. (don't subscribe to it now, maybe in the future).

#19     May 1, 2009
  10. He is a good read and probably worth whatever he charges if you need that type of information. Someone help me out on this but if I remember right he did think Obama was going to lose they race based on the slim lead he had last July.

#20     May 1, 2009