The Democrats at the forefront of human rights

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Apr 19, 2009.

1. So let me get this straight. The democrats block the free trade agreement with Columbia under the veil of human rights abuses but they are more than happy to open relations with Cuba, Iran, and Venzeula.

Are you friggin kidding me?

They are just a bunch of career liars.

2. Do you have a reference for that?

3. A reference for what?

They killed free trade with Columbia over human rights abuses and now barry wants to open the door to Cuba.

What exactly do you need explained?

4. Yes, America wants to open the door to Cuba, as soon as Cuba meets the restrictions that currently keep the door closed.

The same is true for Columbia, and any other nation that provides the key to unlock the door.

If the country is big enough and necessary enough, like China, we ignore the human rights issues because we need what is inside the door more than we need human rights...

We are nothing if not consistent in our ultimately self serving policies as they relate to human rights...

We don't even grant human rights to all American, the right of all gays in all states to marry in this country is not granted by law, so it is doubtful that until America itself is found to be granting human rights to all Americans that we will be consistent in granting human rights to other countries...

5. No reference? You just made my ignore list.

6. You need to go over to philosophyweb or somesuch.... and I don't have a reference... I wonder if the site could be set up so when somebody places me on ignore they would be added to my ignore list automatically... just a thought..

7. Might as well get off ET because you won't have any posts to read.

8. As my ignore list grows, ET gets better and better.

9. What exactly are you doubting?

There has been a free trade treaty pending with Colombia, which is pretty much our only ally in Latin america now, for some time. Democrats oppose it, some because of union pressure, others on specious human rights claims which are largely extreme leftwing sympathy for the narco-marxist guerillas that Chavez supports.

Obama has been all over the news trying to suck up to Castro, probably a boyhood idol of his. He announced some steps to lessent he embargo, and clearly wants to do away with it altogether.

10. The equivalent of, "I'm taking my ball and going home"

Funny.

#10     Apr 19, 2009