The Dementia of the Rich and Famous

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by aeliodon, Nov 27, 2007.

1. This is why I care:

It's not just Hollywood antics. Lindsay Lohan got drunk and coked up a while back and went racing over 100mph in a high speed chase.......

Funny how when you watch those shows on Court TV or hear in the news about other people doing it, they get like 10+ years for that stuff...

I think she might have gotten literally one day in jail, if even that. I think it was just rehab.

If she had hit one of your family members or something it may have been a different story to you.

Not bashing you man, but there a lot of serious undertones beneath this Hollywood TMZ shit.

#31     Dec 18, 2007
  2. Sponger

Sponger

I know this great place we can use.....its called Lou's

#32     Dec 19, 2007
  3. The reason why people care is that this is big business for the aforementioned Access Hollywood and the like. Britney's sister will get $1 million . . . after the kid is born and she gives OK! Magazine the pictures. She's not getting a dime now, because no one overseas knows who the hell she is. So, OK! Magazine is going to make a bundle on reporting her pregnancy, because the Spears family isn't getting a dime for it.

#33     Dec 19, 2007
  4. hcour

hcour Guest

"...all almost universally demented."

Gee, generalize much?

Maybe Pitt married Aniston because he was in love w/her at the time? And you're criticizing him because she isn't hot enough (for your taste, she looks pretty good to moi)? How about a thread "The utter shallowness of ET member 'aeliodon'"?

All the rich/famous/successful people in the world, you pick a few nutjobs, and paint the rest w/your broad brush. What a bunch of bullshit.

Harold (neither rich nor famous)

#34     Dec 19, 2007
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

Oh my God!!!! Famous people are becoming vegetarians! Run away! Run away!

The horror. The horror.

H

#35     Dec 19, 2007
  6. hcour

hcour Guest

I'm sure there are people on ET, and in this very thread, and who are your neighbors or friends, that have weird ways about them, or idiosyncrasies. They screw sheep, or they like to eat kittens, or they worship the God Xenorex from the planet Gorgon. But no one finds out because they aren't famous.

Harold (loves kittens)

#36     Dec 19, 2007
  7. Harrison ford had some intelligent, realistic comments about celebrity recently-he was somewhat dismayed by it all, particularly being worshipped by star wars fans, jedi nerds, etc.....his character wasnt a jedi for gawds sake.

So, there are some celebs who havent lost it, or seem sane and grounded still.

Of course, he's dating callista flockhart, so perhaps im way off base there too.:D

were not shallow.....its just the pool isnt very deep

#37     Dec 19, 2007
  8. Bingo........with you all the way on that one.....media controls the masses thru garabage & rubbish....keeping ,we ,the people ignorant & pumped with useless info.
    ask the average american whom is fucking whom in hollywood & they will tell you not only that but they will give you sexual preferences from each as well.
    now ask them for the bill of rights or what their constitutional rights are & they`ll look at you as if "what do i need to know that for"...."it`s not important".

the sheeple in this once great country make it very easy to be manipulated because it`s easier to have someone think for you than it is to think for yourselves......americans are flat out lazy,complacent & impressed with bullshit......& that`s when it becomes dangerous....the writing is on the wall & they don`t even see it.

hcour,congrats on becoming a memeber of the sheeple.

#38     Dec 20, 2007
  9. hcour

hcour Guest

Baaaaa!

#39     Dec 20, 2007
  10. You're right - the media dictates what's "important" and what isn't. How many media outlets reported about Britney's little sister being pregnant? All of them! They MADE IT big news.

#40     Dec 20, 2007